Slow but steady... we hit 1000 Members :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TalkMilitary
    • Mar 2003

Slow but steady... we hit 1000 Members :)

I am pretty excited. While not the busiest of sites (post wise), growth has been steady.... and I like that. The traffic is steady and comes from a variety of people. We have the general public from around the world, Pentagon traffic, Congress, and most enjoyably... from those deployed here and abroad, in the service, as well as families. Very satisfying.

Yesterday we just hit 1000 Members at www.talkmilitary.com

I think I will celebrate with a BBQ and a few beers today. Heck, even my wife is excited about it.

Middle of March is our 1 year anniversary.

Just wanted to share.....
    Glenn
  • tgillespie
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.7.x

Awesome. Two of my roomates are in the USMC and I have IMed them the URL to your site. They aren't into the forum thing much, but maybe they will join.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• TalkMilitary
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tgillespie
      Awesome. Two of my roomates are in the USMC and I have IMed them the URL to your site. They aren't into the forum thing much, but maybe they will join.
      Thanks. Would be happy to see some more Marines join up.

That is one of the reasons the forums are fairly quite. The targeted users are usually not ones to "talk" alot about their experiences. However, those folks are welcomed too.

For some, it is just too painful to post experiences. Others do not want to seem like they are bragging. There are a variety of other reasons too.

That being said, the main focus is on News content, but we *also* have forums. Unlike may forum sites, the foucus is not so much on posting, but on info.

No matter what, is is certainly FUN, and that is what is important.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...