X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taffy056
    • Sep 2004

Hivemail Gone?

Hi,

Is it me, or has Hivemail disappeared, been trying to www.hivemail.com for a few days now, and all I get is a message saying this page is currently unavailable.
    Free Kick
    https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php
  • patriotcow
    • Nov 2004

I just get a blanc page.

Comment

• _| () R | Z
      • Oct 2002

chen left the company, bane hadn't been online for a couple of months and tubbdog was the only one left.

it wont suprise me if jelsoft will take over hivemail somewere in the future, it would be a nice addition.
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• tickedon
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
        chen left the company, bane hadn't been online for a couple of months and tubbdog was the only one left.

it wont suprise me if jelsoft will take over hivemail somewere in the future, it would be a nice addition.
        As far as I can remember, there was never any proof Chen had left, far from it. Do you have anything that proves this?

If vBulletin took over Hivemail, I think that would be a great thing They already use a very similar members area (its either the same one, or Hivemail made a clone of it ) and Chen is listed in the vB credits section
        Alasdair Stewart || SolidPHP, Inc - www.solidphp.com
        # License, distribute and sell your PHP scripts - SPBAS licensing solution
        # Does your licensing provider have over 5 years of experience?

★ STOP PRESS! Click here for my FAQ on the changes for existing customers

Comment

• _| () R | Z
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by tickedon
          As far as I can remember, there was never any proof Chen had left, far from it. Do you have anything that proves this?

If vBulletin took over Hivemail, I think that would be a great thing They already use a very similar members area (its either the same one, or Hivemail made a clone of it ) and Chen is listed in the vB credits section
          chen probably helped a bit on the background of the vb3 development thats why he is in the credits.

he hadnt been online for over a year on the hivemail forums. and he was removed from being an administrator of the hivemail support forums
          John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• LeeCHeSSS
              • Jan 2002

I hope hivemail did not intentionally disappear. I just bloody renewed my license; and haven't gotten message rules to work; now I don't have anywhere to go for support...

We'll see how it evolves, hopefully in a decent manner...

Comment

• filburt1
                • Feb 2002

Chen was (and may still be) serving his mandatory term in the Israeli military. Don't know about the other members.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Kevin is down the road from me but we were never on friendly terms.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

According to Google, they were last up February 24th.

Plus I think HiveMail has sorta fallen apart. Kevin is the only guy running the show, and its a lot of work for him to be both developer and support guy.

Personally, I think Jelsoft should acquire or at least setup some sort of joint venture with HiveMail to back it since it's really a good mail program, but it just needs a little help

But its really up to John/Kier and the rest of the Jelsoft team
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• filburt1
                      • Feb 2002

It is not likely (IMO) that Jelsoft would acquire them, mainly because Hivemail was never designed as a vB-integrated product but rather a standalone mail script that has vB integration added.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by filburt1
                        It is not likely (IMO) that Jelsoft would acquire them, mainly because Hivemail was never designed as a vB-integrated product but rather a standalone mail script that has vB integration added.
                        That could always change it...after all, they have taken one step in that direction; it isn't that hard to make it a fully integrated product with just a few more changes
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Chen was (and may still be) serving his mandatory term in the Israeli military. Don't know about the other members.
                          Chen isn't serving a mandatory term in the Israeli military. He's at university.
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• _| () R | Z
                            • Oct 2002

but on the other hand vb is now being designed to support 3rd party programs better with OOP so it could be acquired and be a module just like the bugtracker (or is going to be).

btw http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...3381#post803381

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dean C
                              Chen isn't serving a mandatory term in the Israeli military. He's at university.
                              Dean, hes doing it though the military though, its one of the options

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...