Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Bay Area People!!! Need Transportation Suggestions

Okay, I know there are people who live in the Bay area...but I'm trying to plan the best way to get from Redwood City, CA to Fremont, CA being most cost effective and fastest..

Suggestions? Trains are preferred
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment
  • daemon
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.5.x

I'd take Caltrain from Redwood City to Millbrae. Once there, I'd go on BART all the way to Fremont. I know BART doesn't go all the way down to Redwood City and I know Caltrain doesn't go all the way up to Freemont. I'm not sure how far the two stations are from each other in Millbrae, though. Also the timing may be tricky. There probably is an easier way to do it, but I'm not sure of it.

The BART site and the CalTrain stations links may be helpful.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Bart barely reaches Fremont...but I didn't want to go around the circle from Redwood City to Oakland to Fremont...

Waayyy too much of a headache.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• tgmorris
        • Nov 2003
        • 3.6.x

When? Is this a one-way trip or do you need to get back to Redwood City? Where in Fremont? It's a BIG city and although you can take bart to Fremont or Union City you will likely need ground transport once you are there to get from the station to your destination.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

Same day technically...and I want to get back by 3PM....leave around o 10ish ..btw Round Trip

My hotel is in Redwood City

Feb 17th

Redwood City
          223 Twin Dolphin Drive

Fremont:
          44370 Nobel Drive

Comment

• tgmorris
            • Nov 2003
            • 3.6.x

The quickest solution, which you may not prefer, is to rent a car for the day. At the very least you will need to take a cab or have someone pick you up/drop you off at Fremont bart. I know it seems like a waste for only a few hours...

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Sham I'm not 25.....you need to be 25 to rent a car...BAH!

Comment

• rockergrrl
                • Jul 2000

Not necessarily.... if you pay a little extra you can rent a car if you're under 25.

Call around... I first rented a car when I was 18 - most car rental companies offer it for a little extra (insurance, if you will).

Comment

• Ted S
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 3.5.x

Enterprise rent a car rents to people 18+ last I checked and there are a few locations in Oakland that should work fine. You really don't want to try to do public transit for that route with a time squeeze, it's just too long (I remember spending 3 hours a day on BART and buses back when I use to live in the Bay Area years ago, that was a pain).
                  Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
                  Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Comment

• ghedamsi
                    • Feb 2005

entrprise

Enterprise rent a car rents to people 18+ last I checked and there are a few locations in Oakland that should work fine. You really don't want to try to do public transit for that route with a time squeeze, it's just too long (I remember spending 3 hours a day on BART and buses back when I use to live in the Bay Area years ago, that was a pain).

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                      • Jun 2002

hmm.. I hear an echo...but anyhow...

Enterprise won't rent to me....they will only rent to me if I got into an "accident" recently and needed a car...

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Come on Bay Area residents!!! I need options

Comment

• tgmorris
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 3.6.x

Short of someone offering to act as a chauffeur I'm out of ideas. Is there a reason you don't stay in Fremont to begin with?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

cause going to Fremont is only a side trek...my main trek is gonna be over at the EA Headquarters.....

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                              • Jun 2002

okay..sum it up

mass transist needs work in both the bay area and the la area....

50.00 for a taxi cab ride O_O

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...