Would you be able to go to sleep knowing there was a bug in your room?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteRoy
    • Apr 2004

Would you be able to go to sleep knowing there was a bug in your room?

Yesterday, right before I went to bed, I saw a weird fly sized bug landing on the wall behind my computer monitor, I tried to kill it and it disappeared.

I couldn't bear the thought of being asleep and this bug will land on me stinging me or something so I was looking for it for 2 hours but I still didn't find it, I was so tried at this point so I just had to sleep and I woke up like 5 times just because of the fear that this bug might be on me doing something.

Today I saw the bug right when I walked out of the shower, I immediately crushed it and felt very satisfied especially after the bad sleep I had.

This story brings me to ask you this: Would you be able to go to sleep even though you saw an insect just a second before you went to bed?
    Last edited by PeteRoy; Mon 17 Jan '05, 4:20am.
  • imagecabin.com
    • Jan 2005

For a bug like that, no. If it was a spider, or scorpion, yes, I wouldnt be able to sleep.

Comment

• TalkMilitary
      • Mar 2003

Yup, no problem. The only ones that bug me (pardon the pun) are the ones that fly near me making noise.

Bugs are good for you, and contain many nutrients your body needs. As humans, we do consume many bugs/spiders etc.. while we sleep. Not a big deal. Why waste time eating during the day when you can eat while you sleep? Seems a perfect use of othewise wasted time.

Oh yeah.... if a bug in your rooom bothers you, NEVER, EVER look too hard or watch those TV shows that show how many bugs/critters we live with in our beds, on our bodies, etc..... You may never sleep again.

G'Day, and sleep well tonight.

Comment

• Vtec44
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.7.x

Get some bug spray will ya

I'll probably sleep just fine, right after I killed it.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Torqued
          • Oct 2004

Nah. I figure the cats would probably catch it later.. although.. if it was a mosquito, yeah.. I'd hunt that mutha down!

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

A couple years ago I woke up in the middle of the night. Something was knocking stuff over on my desk and dresser and making all kinds of noise. I turned on my light and there was a moth the size of my fist sitting on my computer monitor. I was able to get it to leave my room.

The next morning it was in our kitchen. My friend had a look at it and said it was a king moth or imperial moth or something. It was freaking huge.

The moth was freaky, but spiders are what really scare me.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Dec 2000

I despise bugs of all sorts, must be a geek thing

If the cat isn't in the room at the time then I deal with it myself and I defiantely can't sleep with something like that in the room.

Someone bought me that to deal with them.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Erwin
                • Jan 2002

My wife woke up one morning with a dead spider in her armpit. No, it wasn't me.

Comment

• Joseph777
                  • Sep 2004

I woke up one morning to the feeling of an incredible itch on my forehead, slapped my forehead, and went back to sleep..........

Slept in 'til later, woke up, and went straight to the bathroom, did my business, and looked into the mirror..........

A smashed, mangled, petrified spider corpse on my face. And NO, it wasn't a small one. It was big, black, and fuzzy. Kind of like Don King!

I was frickin' ill. EWWW!

I have electronic bug repellers in my room and in my daughter's room now, they use ultrasonic, ionic, electromagnetic repulsion to make bugs very uncomfortable. We haven't seen a bug in our house in almost 6 months.

I am worst with big, ugly spiders in the middle of the dog days of summer. If you see one of those MFers in your room and try to kill it and it gets away. My ass is NOT sleeping on that side of the house.

Comment

• Cole2026
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Bugs do not bother me, especially when sleeping. But a couple months ago I had a huge annoyance with a spider, I have a light in the middle part of my ceiling, and a spider was hanging from it, like building its web, half the size of like a tarantula, or whatever, so I go over to it and try to get it in a paper towel and throw it away. Before I could get it, it went back up the web, I looked all over the light where it hung from a second after that, there was no trace of the thing.

Comment

• Andrew111888
                      • Mar 2003

I've had two incidents. One was when I woke up and I felt something on my earlobe, like an earring would feel I suppose. My ear isn't pierced, though, and I reached up and realized a tick was sitting on my earlobe. Bastards.

Also one time there was a ticking in my ceiling for a few days above my bed, then one morning it was very loud and my ceiling was sagging a bit where it was. So I shoved a mini hockey stick through my ceiling and out poured hundreds (maybe thousands) of wasps. I ran out of the room, woke up my dad, he came in and realized we couldn't plug the hole so we shut my door and put towels on the cracks and the keyhole. Every now and then we'd toss a can of automatic wasp killer into the room (the ones that spray without you needing to hold down the button).

A couple days later the exterminator came and destroyed them (and found a nest in my sister's ceiling as well) but it was creepy. The nest was maybe 18 inches wide and about 6 inches tall.

Comment

• Erwin
                        • Jan 2002

So do those electronic bug repellent devices work?

Comment

• daemon
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 3.5.x

I can't sleep with bugs in the room; I'm scared to death of the little things. I don't kill them though, I just take them back outside into one of the planters.

One time I was up late working on some application and I felt something crawling across my hand as I was typing. When I looked down I saw this black, fuzzy, spider and a second later it bit me. In pain and fear I accidentally killed it while running to the bathroom to get anti-sting/itch ointment. Then I was distraught over having bug innards on my hand and I washed them over at least three-fold. I later felt sorry for killing it because it didn't know I wouldn't hurt it... poor guy.
                          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

• cbiweb
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                            I've had two incidents. One was when I woke up and I felt something on my earlobe, like an earring would feel I suppose. My ear isn't pierced, though, and I reached up and realized a tick was sitting on my earlobe. Bastards.

Also one time there was a ticking in my ceiling for a few days above my bed, then one morning it was very loud and my ceiling was sagging a bit where it was. So I shoved a mini hockey stick through my ceiling and out poured hundreds (maybe thousands) of wasps. I ran out of the room, woke up my dad, he came in and realized we couldn't plug the hole so we shut my door and put towels on the cracks and the keyhole. Every now and then we'd toss a can of automatic wasp killer into the room (the ones that spray without you needing to hold down the button).

A couple days later the exterminator came and destroyed them (and found a nest in my sister's ceiling as well) but it was creepy. The nest was maybe 18 inches wide and about 6 inches tall.
                            Okay, now THAT would keep me awake for the next 6 months! Wasps in the ceiling - so many that it sags??? Nooooo no no no no no no no. I'm outta there 'til winter sets in.

Not sure I'll sleep well tonight, either, reading about the bugs we consume in our sleep.

~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Andrew111888
                              • Mar 2003

The ceiling was sagging because they had eaten through most of the plaster, which is what the ticking was.

Better that I put the hole there myself than have those bastards chew through while I was sleeping.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...