X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgillespie
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.7.x

MIP Sentence?

Sadly, I was awarded a MIP ticket by the local authorities last night. I was curious if anyone has received a MIP before and what was your sentance?
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Mip?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I guess you can say I have never gotten one because of the next question:

What is a MIP ticket?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tgillespie
        • Dec 2002
        • 3.7.x

Minor in possession (of alcohol).

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
          • Jun 2000
          • 4.0.x

I know in Pennsylvania you would get a fine of about $100-300, and would lose your driver's license (or the ability to get one) until you are 18.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

One of the kids that went to my school got a DUI Ticket when he was 17, half way accross the state, he got lucky enough to have it transfered here (local town, mayors court) He got off with a 200 dollar fine and never even lost his license. I hate my town at times.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tgillespie
              Minor in possession (of alcohol).
              Ahh. Never got in trouble for that. Growing up, both of my parents were in law enforcement and I have been drinking at family get-togethers since I was 16. Have never taken it out in public though.

Even had a few parties after highschool where my cop buddies were invited.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tgillespie
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Ahh. Never got in trouble for that. Growing up, both of my parents were in law enforcement and I have been drinking at family get-togethers since I was 16. Have never taken it out in public though.

Even had a few parties after highschool where my cop buddies were invited.
                What was funny was that we me and my friends probably wouldn't have gotten tickets unless the other group wasn't so intoxicated. One of the officers told me that he got 3 MIPs when he was in college and there is nothing to worry about except for some cash and community service.

Comment

• rebelsrock06
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 3.6.x

all i know is that 3rd MIP and you loose your liscense
                  Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• rebelsrock06
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 3.6.x

i did some research for you. Here is what it is for Colorado
                    For purchase by minors, class 2 misdemeanor with 3 to 12 months in jail and a fine of $250 to $1,000.

For possession by minors, fine of up to $100. May also be sentenced to 24 hours of useful public service and be required to submit to and complete an alcohol evaluation or assessment, an alcohol education program, or an alcohol treatment program at defendant’s own expense.
                    Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• tgillespie
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
                      i did some research for you. Here is what it is for Colorado
                      [/size]
                      Thanks. I talked to some local college buddies and they said $100 fine with $18 court fee and around $150 in alcohol classes.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Locally where I live, such an offense includes revocation of your driver's license until 21 (actually state law if your BAL is over 0%), mandatory alcohol classes which includes the witnessing of an autopsy and a fine.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tgillespie
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 3.7.x

I went to court today and walked away very suprised. I showed up early just to be considerate, but then waited in a waiting room for over an hour. Finally getting to talk to the City Attorney, he offered a plea bargin in which we were to plead guilty or not guilty. If guilty we would get a defered sentance with a list of punishments. I took that because I didn't want to risk fighting it before a judge and loosing, and then having it go on my record with much worse penalties.

Anyway, here is what was issued to us in the plea bargin:

$100 City Fine
                          $50 Drug/Alcohol Surcharge
                          $20 Victim's Fee
                          20 hours of community service
                          Level 1 Alcohol Classes ($60)
                          and this is the kicker...
                          A new invention they call the Alcohol Monitor Program in which I have to wear an ankle bracelet for 14 days. I have no problem wearing the bracelet because I don't drink alcohol, therefor it won't affect me, but they charge you $11 a day for use. Thats $154. The thing is, this bracelet is new and is only given to second time MIP offenders. The CA said we had to wear the bracelet because of the fight, which I think is rediculous because I for one was not involved in the fight. Only 4 individuals were. The cops never issued a breath-a-lizer or an alcohol test and there was no alcohol on the premise either.

So its going to be $380 for one huge mistake. Although I would hate to do it, the next time my buddies decide to rumble with random kids, I will be running away. I am a college student paying for school and am VERY upset that I have to throw away $380. I have no problem doing the community service, sitting through class, or wearing the bracelet, but the money kills it.
                          Last edited by tgillespie; Thu 24 Feb '05, 12:27pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...