X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by cirisme
    As do I, which is why that statement bugged me.

And you never will, because statements like "I gave $xyz" bug me just as much as those who criticise others for not giving enough.

I don't need to be set at ease, because I don't actually care how much the goverments, Jelsoft, or you give and to whom.

I just found the statement that I quoted from the announcement to be in generally poor taste.

with posts like these the topic is going off course a bit much why dont we just agree to disagree and be done with the negitive posts.

i give what i can it might not be cash or items but i think prayers go a long ways. as for giving blood i cant do that eather because of the meds i am on for different health issues asthma, high cholesstroll, angina, irregular heartbeat and my daily calcium and vitamins plus pain meds for aurthritus. still ide like to see this topic get back on track please people.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mike Anime
      i give what i can it might not be cash or items but i think prayers go a long ways. as for giving blood i cant do that eather because of the meds i am on for different health issues asthma, high cholesstroll, angina, irregular heartbeat and my daily calcium and vitamins plus pain meds for aurthritus. still ide like to see this topic get back on track please people.
      Everyone should give what they can and how they can. They shouldn't feel guilty about what they do. It doesn't matter if it is cash donations, volunteering at a local organization, prayer or whatever else you do. It all adds up in the long run and this isn't something that will be fixed overnight. It will take months and years to rebuild the region.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cirisme
        • Feb 2003

and be done with the negitive posts.
        I apologise as I didn't it to come off the way you took it.

TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

• diettalk
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

thanks for the code. I've added it to my site.
          John
          diet support at diettalk.com

Comment

• wirewolf
            • Nov 2003

Placed a link to the Google tsunami relief page on my sites' Header, Announcements, and in my Admin's Message to Members Forum two days ago. Also made a Donation to UNICEF and Oxfam International.

Comment

• Martin
              • Apr 2000
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Silver_2000
              I make regular charitble donations year round...

BUT I am confused how a V8 engine has a cause and effect relationship with an earthquake, but thats likely a different discussion.
              I make regular donations to smaller, less known charities throughout the year. When this happened I immediately donated a significant amount to msf.org.

My forums are full of those evil liberal types, so the amount of donations coming from there should be pretty large.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

• Andrew111888
                • Mar 2003

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but this is a paypal supported donation link if many of your forum users don't have direct access to a credit card but have a paypal account:

Comment

• KimmiKat
                  • Jul 2003

Maybe add an option to the shopping cart form for people to donate when they purchase a license. I saw that on another site...

Originally posted by cirisme
                  'Every little bit helps, certainly.

Out of curiousity, how much will Jelsoft be donating?
                  Kim

Comment

• tubedogg
                    • Feb 2001

A much more complete list of relief charities (in many countries) can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donatio...ean_earthquake .

Comment

• Streicher
                      • Jan 2001
                      • 3.7.x

Yesterday was a tv-show (a heart for children) in germany. In three hours of the show 40,6 Mio EUR was donated, which raises the private donations in germany over 130 Mio EUR. Also a lot of children of seven, eight or nine years makes donations. As a result of this the german government raises it's help to 500 Mio EUR.
                      In the last year many people in germany says, they have less money, because of taxes, lost work, high oil price etc., but it looks like that in these days everyone is giving what is possible.
                      Last edited by Streicher; Wed 5 Jan '05, 1:55pm.
                      Streicher

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Today the three biggest tv channels are working together all night to get people to donate money, I really hope we can at least double the amount we've donated in the last week or so. We're now up to 25 million euro and growing, I hope to read 50 and higher tomorrow night (as a country). Together with the 25 from our gov we are doing quite good and hopefully its enough for some basic needs in the long run.

Comment

• KimmiKat
                          • Jul 2003

Anyone know where I can find a good 468x60 banner for the Tsunami funds? I would like to incorporate something to use with my banner proggy.
                          Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...