• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Dean C
    He's at uni folks. Tis a big bump
    so he's out of the military?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I think he is there though them

Comment

• Dean C
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        so he's out of the military?
        I don't feel I should be talking about another persons circumstances really Chen's alive and ok, that's all that matters.
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Chen
          • Jun 2001

*waves*

Hey guys,

I'm here, alive and well. As Dean said I left home and began studying in the university in pursuit of my dream. I'm studying Physics in the Technion, Haifa (but I bet that doesn't tell you much). I'm having fun and living large, except for this very moment at which I'm pretty sick.

Originally posted by Surrix
          If he lives in Isreal it isn't really a draft just a requirement that all males (maybe females too) have to serve two years in the military. Like they they get to choose but it has to be done between the ages 18-25 or something along those lines.
          Just to set things straight - everyone is drafted to the army at the age of 18. Men must serve a total of three years, and women - only two.
          There is a course called the academic reserve, which I've chosen to take. You postpone your recruitment by 3 or 4 years, and in the mean time you get a university degree sponsored by the army. At the end you return to the army and server in the profession you studied - in my case physics. It is quite a luxurious course that enables you to get the most out of your military service.

Originally posted by kerplunk
          Either way, this really sucks. Chen was a great guy. I think that living in Israel would be hell. I feel sorry for him.
          Living in Israel is anything but hell. Maybe it's not as fun as living in other countries but it's mine and I like it. Don't feel sorry for me or anyone else living here.

Originally posted by kerplunk
          It would just be nice to know whether Chen is in the Israel military or if he has just decided that the Internet is not for him. He started a company, HiveMail, which was very promising when it started, but now... it's lacking big time.
          In the course of things I also decided the internet is not for me. It served me well over the past 4 years and it's been a fun ride but I don't see my future here. If there's anything worse than insanity, it's virtual insanity.

I appreciate the concern, it means a lot to me.

God bless.
          Chen

(And thanks to Chris who pointed me in the direction of this thread.)

And even though it's a bit too late - I wish you all a pleasing and fertile new year!
          Last edited by Chen; Sat 22 Jan '05, 3:11pm.
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Glad to see your doing well myfriend

Comment

• ManagerJosh
              • Jun 2002

Thanks for letting us know you're doing well Chen! You're an asset to us and I wish you all the best on your physics adventures! Make us proud and hope you make a name like Einstein

I already like the sound of this... Avinadav Law
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Xenon
                • Feb 2001

Sounds like murphys law

Nice to hear everything is running well Chen
                The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!
                - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...