Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • club_krome
    • Jul 2002

credit card fraud question

i'm a merchant and i got an order from a companies corporate card that my cc company said might be fraud because the name on it appears as follows:
    "business" corporate
    i know the order is not fraud but i want to make sure it will go through and i don't want to bring this up with the customer unless i have to because its a new customer and i don't want to accuse him of fraud
    basically my questions is if an amex corporate card is used would the name on it be entered of the person who registered it or the company name
    ex:
    john smith
    or
    microsoft corporate
    http://dev.nightclubwiz.com/Banners/Banner_2.gif
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Both.....

If more than one person uses the card, register the card under the company name.

If you have a PM, like I do, I register the card under your name, and the person who buys, along with the company name.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• club_krome
      • Jul 2002

so basically if you were to use a companies corporate card that is used by more then 1 person to purchase something from a website in the field marked name on the payment form would you enter:
      "Your name"
      or
      "Your company name" Corporate
      http://dev.nightclubwiz.com/Banners/Banner_2.gif

Comment

• Kathy
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by club_krome
        so basically if you were to use a companies corporate card that is used by more then 1 person to purchase something from a website in the field marked name on the payment form would you enter:
        "Your name"
        or
        "Your company name" Corporate
        Your name.

Credit card companies (American Express and Mastercard/Visa) don't provide credit cards with only a company name on it.

They are assigned to an individual first, company second.

The card is the personal responsibility of the person carrying it....not the company.

So do not accept credit cards in a company name. Require a first, last name, and company name. the card will be approved or declined based on that person's account....and call your merchant account dept to qualify any purchase that is large to protect yourself against fraud. The bank/merchant account folks will help you to verify all addresses and names prior to approval.

Editted to add:

I have a company credit card: Its in my name and my company name. I have two employees. They both have their own company credit card in their own names. They can't use my card. They must use their own. Those cards are my responsibility to pay as the employer since its in my company name...but because their name is on it....is their responsibility to be credit worthy and to use it only for business expenses.
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• ManagerJosh
          • Jun 2002

AMEX permitted us to list our credit card as just our company. However, I am the primary contact person if something happens.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...