• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lottis
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.6.x

Google spider

Hey everyone.
    I got a guest in my forum. Its stand Google Spider. The person is not registerd.
    Does anyone know why and who?
    Im sorry fore my bad english, have mercy.
  • DWZ
    • Jan 2002

"Google Spider" means that the "user" is not a real person, but a computer program which is designed to go to every webpage it can find on the Internet and put it into the Google search engine.

It is currently searching through all the pages on your site so when people use Google to find stuff, your website will come up.

There are ways of stopping the Google Spider from putting your site on the Google website if you would like to do that.

Comment

• MGM
      • Aug 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by DWZ
      "Google Spider" means that the "user" is not a real person, but a computer program which is designed to go to every webpage it can find on the Internet and put it into the Google search engine.

It is currently searching through all the pages on your site so when people use Google to find stuff, your website will come up.

There are ways of stopping the Google Spider from putting your site on the Google website if you would like to do that.
      Although I would reccomend against stopping or banning the Google Spider, as google could very well be your top source for new members if you are spidered often

MGM out

Comment

• Lottis
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.6.x

Thanks both of you.

Comment