X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FindSP.com
    • Jun 2001

Best PHP classifieds software?

Hello there

So what is the best PHP script if I want to open a horse classifieds web site..??

I was thinking about:

Powerful classified ads software, auctions and inventory management software. Professional PHP software development

If anyone has a better idea let me know...

Need a response ASAP - by the way I'm so spoiled by vbulletin software that it is very difficult to impress me with a php script now
    Forex Trading
  • Ted S
    • Dec 2003
    • 3.5.x

PhotoPost.com offers a classifieds system as a new product... it still needs some features but it works with your vB3 database which is a huge plus for most sites.
    Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
    Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

vB Trader by Trafix, but I am not sure if that is freeware.

Check on vBulletin.org for vb integrated trading/classified systems

Comment

• FindSP.com
        • Jun 2001

I don't need a freeware - need a professional software...
        Forex Trading

Comment

• welo
          • Sep 2003
          • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Heads up: Evson encodes their source code and you need Zend running to decrypt it.
          "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
          It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• FindSP.com
            • Jun 2001

I know, you have to pay another 600 for the source code - grrrrrrrrrr....
            Forex Trading

Comment

• welo
              • Sep 2003
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Yeah. I was looking into them a few months ago for a client when we were discussing a classifieds system with VB integration. The developers are Russian so piracy's a big concern for them, but I won't be buying their code.

Oh, the other thing too, is that to integrate it with your VB you must disable VB registrations and force all registrations through the Evson scripts, which I don't entirely trust. The VB registration system is better than theirs.

Comment

• FindSP.com
                • Jun 2001

Really? so what other software do you recommend for the classifieds? I need something professional good looking and easy to use... what do you think?
                Forex Trading

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                  • Apr 2001

vBTrader looked pretty sweet. Its about 150 dollars. This included being able to have auctions, and classifieds.

www.photopost.com had the classifieds which also looks pretty nice for $99.

Comment

• welo
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Hmm. The one I've been looking at that seems pretty solid is phpClassifieds, although it doesn't have forum integration. Even so, since it's only $150 you might be able to talk them into building something for a couple hundred and still come out way ahead of what you'd spend on Evson.

Tough call though because from the looks of their forum a number of people are asking about various forum integrations and none seem imminent. I do notice someone managed an integration with VB2 a long time ago.

Another one I was looking into that might have potential is Noah's Classifieds. This is a free script (still with no forum integration) although you autta be able to swing something with the developer. I meant to check into that but never got around to it.

Sadly, that's about all I've found worth mentioning. Maybe someone else has better ideas.

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by FindSP.com
                      I don't need a freeware - need a professional software...
                      You make it sound like freeware cannot be professional? Some of the best software nowadays is indeed open source. Nevertheless be wary of vBtrader. I have no personal experience with it. But I do recall a thread recently at vBulletin.org regarding the poor service. Again that's not my opinion. Just an observation. You'd have to check up on that thread yourself
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Powerboatie
                        • Jan 2007

Esvon

Originally posted by welo
                        Heads up: Evson encodes their source code and you need Zend running to decrypt it.
                        I paid a small fortune a year or so ago for Esvon software thinking that I would get what I pay for. Nothing could be further from the truth. Esvon has been a complete disaster.

As a non techie who paid for professional installation and their VB integration module, I have been very disappointed with Esvon's products and customer service.

Integration never worked. The back end for the website owner is very basic and difficult to use. I found their software very unstable and the attitude of Customer service is to just quote your complaints and queries back to you !

I could go on !!!!! I have now washed my hands of them and will just chalk my bad experience and financial loss with esvon down to experience.

Like many others here , I am still looking for a user friendly ( site owner and site user) and reliable classifieds product that fully integrates into VB. I don't mind paying for the product , installation annd upgrades once I have a quality package..

I have looked at photopost but can only see one customer of theirs ( Vipercars?) Anyone know of any other Photopost classifieds clients of theirs ?.

I'll have a look at VB Trader as well.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Comment

• Dean C
                          • Mar 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Bare in mind this thread is almost 3 years old mate. vBtrader is not even in active development afaik.
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Powerboatie
                            • Jan 2007

Cheers Dean,

I'll open a new thread !!

Stuart

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...