Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TaylorWillix
    • Aug 2004

food ideas

I work over at Universal and heard about this new “atkins video program” coming out. I guess if you go to walmart.com, search for the video, and purchase it there upon release (oct 12th )you also get a free pedometer. Didn’t Mcdonalds do that? Anywayz…I’ve been on the Atkins diet myself for about a month and its goin well, but im running out of ideas for what to eat…any ideas? I just don’t want to wait that long for the video to come out for some food ideas…
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There are entire cookbooks available in every bookstore across the land.

Check here also: http://atkins.com/
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Arsenik
      • Nov 2001

Is it just me that thinks that is a marketing attempt to boost ppls interest on an upcoming product? ahh maybe i am reading too mutch into it... then again it is a "new kind" of disguised marketing...

Comment

• Chroder
        • Dec 2002

Is it just me who thinks "atkins" sounds like a disease?

Comment

• JPT62089
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Chroder
          Is it just me who thinks "atkins" sounds like a disease?
          Actually it kinda... does... lol

*JPT62089 chants Atkins Disease
          http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

• TaylorWillix
            • Aug 2004

My progress

Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing great! As a matter of fact, I feel better than I ever have before. I've been on the Atkins diet for a while now and I just keep on losing weight. But more importantly than that I feel so healthy. I think there is a new Atkins DVD coming out October 12th. I was told you can get it from walmart.com. I'm just curious if anybody out there has had as much luck with the Atkins diet as I have. I've lost over twenty pounds on it. I'd love to hear from you guys, so somebody E-mail me!!

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

I am losing weight every day by deleting spam from my inbox!

Comment

• C_P
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TaylorWillix
                Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing great! As a matter of fact, I feel better than I ever have before. I've been on the Atkins diet for a while now and I just keep on losing weight. But more importantly than that I feel so healthy. I think there is a new Atkins DVD coming out October 12th. I was told you can get it from walmart.com. I'm just curious if anybody out there has had as much luck with the Atkins diet as I have. I've lost over twenty pounds on it. I'd love to hear from you guys, so somebody E-mail me!!

I was pretty strickt on it and lost 30lbs.
                I am prety much off it now, but may need to return as them hashbrowns and fries are sooo good!
                And thos mashed pototoes, and rice and beans!
                Drool..

Comment

• Martz
                  • Apr 2001

I personaly think the Atkins diet is dangerous, and pretty damn silly. Sure, if you need to lose weight - you need to change your food habbits. But the Atkins diet is not a balanced diet, and at some point you will need to go back to eating a balanced diet - and may possibly start putting the weight back on when you do this.

It isn't very healthy to survive on read meats and no carbohydrates.

A balanced diet which you strictly monitor and control is much better for you. Cut out the crap, the fast foods and preprocessed foods, and make sure you do plenty of exercise like swimming and walking a few times a week. I have seen the results in friends and family members of many sorts of diets, and the Atkins is the worst one available for long term weight loss.

Just my opinion!
                  HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                  -
                  Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

I agree, just the diet craze of the year imho. I am happy to hear it is working for you people tho, at least your getting something out of it right?

In a few years they will move on to the next 'C word' (or have we all forgotton the calorie craze already?) and a new diet will be born

Anyway I could'nt live on such a diet, don't get me wrong I love meat but you just can't have it without some mashed patato's and gravy, or bisquits to go with it for that matter.

Comment

• DarknessDivine
                      • May 2004
                      • 3.7.x

So true..If you really want to lose weight and keep it off the best way IMO is to eat lots of "fresh" organic fruits and veggies, less animal fat (but do consume some fat), exercise daily and take vitamins. Your body needs a certain amount of carbs, fat and other things to be 100%. You cannot survive (atleast for very long) on just one or the other.
                      Oh an you might want to adapt the motto "Eat to live, don't live to eat"..
                      That can help...

Got a Boxer?
                      BoxerTalk

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Martz
                        Proves you don't know anything about the Atkins diet... It isn't just red meat and no carbohydrates. It is about lowering the number of carbohydrates you eat by eliminating the processed foods that are loaded with sugar and carbohydrates these days. You still get a healthy amount of carbohydrates by increasing your fruit and vegetable intake. It is only at the start where your carbohydrate intake is extremely lowered and this causes the use of stored fat.

If the diet isn't for you then it isn't for you. Those looking into it should see their doctor because they will prescribe the proper meals and regimen so that it is healthy. Anyone not eating any carbs is at risk but they aren't following the Atkin's Diet.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

There is a lower net energy to be had from protein than from raw carbs. That is how it works.

Comment

• Martz
                            • Apr 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            Proves you don't know anything about the Atkins diet... It isn't just red meat and no carbohydrates. It is about lowering the number of carbohydrates you eat by eliminating the processed foods that are loaded with sugar and carbohydrates these days. You still get a healthy amount of carbohydrates by increasing your fruit and vegetable intake. It is only at the start where your carbohydrate intake is extremely lowered and this causes the use of stored fat.

If the diet isn't for you then it isn't for you. Those looking into it should see their doctor because they will prescribe the proper meals and regimen so that it is healthy. Anyone not eating any carbs is at risk but they aren't following the Atkin's Diet.
                            Indeed Wayne. I don't know a lot about the Atkins diet, as I have never been on it. But most people (I know) who use this diet only do so because of their friends, family or recommendations on TV. These people see that they should cut (or cut down on) carbohydrates - yet they do no see a Doctor about it.

So people try the diets and cut out all the carbs they can, and purely eat red meats. I've sat with people today on the Atkins diet, who take their advice from TV shows and not a Nutritionist or Doctor.

These people are not having a balanced diet, as they know nothing about it (even less than me, if you like). They do not eat fruits, vegetables or anything else to supplement their carb and vitimin loss because they are not aware of the dangers. Getting the balance is very difficult, especially if you aren't aware of the dangers - which I don't think most people are.

The media and public created a mass hysteria about this diet, which causes many people to try it - and I'd guess that the majority of them didn't seek their Doctors advice before or after.

I still stand my opinion, it's a silly diet for people to jump straight into.
                            HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                            -
                            Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• squirrelbait
                              • Jul 2004

gee, that new atkins dvd sounds good- where did you say i could get it....looks like an advert to me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...