Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Using vCalendar :)

How much do you use the vBulletin calendar?

I want to include so much more information into it besides birthdays. And I try my best to not forget to add an event to it like new articles, competitions or upcoming chat events, interviews and such, but I just keep forgetting.

I wish it was possible to just simply click on a checkbox to include a new thread as event in the calendar. (Or take you to the calendar after submitting, like with adding a new poll). It would let me use the calendar so much more

Besides adding events, do you have 1 or more calendars. I like to have a private personal calendar to keep private stuff added to it (like a small todo list) and a staff calendar and a public calendar. (the least setup) What are your thoughts on this?

The best feature of the calendar is the ranged events. I love being able to set one event for 1 day that reoccurs in weeks or months or years or just stratches over a weekend or week or month or whatever.

And recently I learned I could add images to calendar events, that I never knew that, amazing!
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

I almost never use my calendar. In fact, before I upgraded to vB3, I turned it off and removed the link to it from my header!

I really have no use for it unless I start listing game releases and such

MGM out

Comment

• Pugzly
      • Oct 2002

vBulletin Calendar != vCalendar. vCalendar is an Internet standard for handling calendars. vB doesn't support it.

Comment

• Tailfeathers
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.6.x

I use it every once in a while for scheduled chat dates as well as photo contest deadlines and such.
        Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Admiral Spock
          • Jun 2004

I don't use the vB Calendar, but I probably will. When I figure out how I am going to use it.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Pugzly
            vBulletin Calendar != vCalendar. vCalendar is an Internet standard for handling calendars. vB doesn't support it.
            Yes, I know. But I just wanted to address the vBulletin calendar like that. No harm intended.

Comment

• James Kojiro
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.6.x

Once I get vB, I may get it to like schedule IRC get togethers and what not.

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

The calendar is great but to be honest i've never used it. Adding events is tedious and with a large board you have birthdays on it every day it gets cramped. I as a user, as well as an administrator, have never seen it used to it's full capabilities
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Mainer82
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 1.1.x

I use it once in awhile to remind me of things when I'm not home.

Comment

• James Kojiro
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 3.6.x

Heh, it also has that use too.

Comment

• MrNase
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 3.8.x

My Mercedes Benz w113 Pagoda community uses the calendar to announce events for ancient cars.

We plan to make full use of the calendar but that would require an additional usergroup so that only verified users can view/add calendar entries.
                      As all community members have those (for the most part expensive) cars we a afraid of car thiefs who might use the calendar to find out where we meet.
                      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Maniac
                        • May 2001
                        • 3.6.x

I'm going to use it...

The calendar si going to become an integral part of my site. I'm working on integrating all of my old site content into an exisiting vBulletin installation so I can eliminate my old CMS, particualrly my old calendar...
                        MORE | UnitedMania

Comment

• vbcore
                          • Sep 2004

i user it everyday for my clan events!

Comment

• SomeName
                            • Apr 2004

The calendar is an extrememly useful... no, invaluable feature that our organization can make extensive use of. Since not everyone can make meetings to find out about upcoming events, it's nice to have a calendar that they can view at thier leisure, in a format that they are already familiar with.

I'd like to see the reminder feature fixed/beefed up and perhaps some of the other suggestions that I've seen mentioned, but that would just be icing on the cake. I can't imagine not having the calendar.

btw, I think that's a great idea to be able to add a post as an event. That would just be too sweet!

Comment

• rebelsrock06
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 3.6.x

I dont use the Calendar for anything LOL
                              Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...