X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. HillBilly
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Mambo Open Source is using vBulletin :)

MamboServer is a project that aims to provide insightful hosting comparisons, reviews and guides to help webmasters.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

That is great! Thank you for letting us know

Comment

• Mr. HillBilly
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Floris
      That is great! Thank you for letting us know

Anytime.

I'm thinking of using Mambo now.

Comment

• Dean C
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

I've heard nice things about it. Also there's a completely integrated into vB version apparently. Someone linked me to it a while ago
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Mr. HillBilly
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.0.0 'Gold'

mambovb.com is suppose to be where a project for it is but its down :|

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Mambo is one of the most superb CMS projects out there that I have ever seen. It understands the difference between CMS and PORTAL and provides a good strong basis for custom and creative sites that don't all look alike.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Hooper
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Mambo is one of the most superb CMS projects out there that I have ever seen. It understands the difference between CMS and PORTAL and provides a good strong basis for custom and creative sites that don't all look alike.
              Ugh... This is just my opinion after I tried several but try Bricolage or Drupal. Mambo just isn't there yet IMO. It's an excellent open source project and is a good piece of software, but it doesn't carry the options needed for a full blown CMS. I believe It will though. Bricolage or Drupal will require a greater skill level than that of Mambo. For simple sites not needing the options and benifits of the above named, mambo will work.

Mambo was smart using vBulletin though, Although Drupal has a nice built in forum that works very well.
              Last edited by Hooper; Sun 4 Jul '04, 12:57pm.

Comment

• Mikes33Ponce
                • Jun 2005

Drupal <--> vBulletin Integration?

Originally posted by Hooper
                Ugh... This is just my opinion after I tried several but try Bricolage or Drupal. Mambo just isn't there yet IMO. It's an excellent open source project and is a good piece of software, but it doesn't carry the options needed for a full blown CMS. I believe It will though. Bricolage or Drupal will require a greater skill level than that of Mambo. For simple sites not needing the options and benifits of the above named, mambo will work.

Mambo was smart using vBulletin though, Although Drupal has a nice built in forum that works very well.
                What about userbase integration to Drupal? The people that post threads in Drupal's community forums asking about vBulletin integration all get flamed and told that Drupal's forums are just as good as vBulletin (not!)

To make Drupal a viable option we need userbase integration to vBulletin. Anyone willing to tackle this? (for pay, even?)

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

Came across this while looking for Drupal
                  llll➤ Want to quickly see how the open-source software Drupal works? You'll find a free and updated demo installation of Drupal here.

Comment

• welo
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

FYI, apparently there has been a recent falling out between the core Mambo devs and at least one controlling sponsor, and they are currently taking the entire operation to http://opensourcematters.org. Notice their forum there is SMF, although vbridge dev still fully continues because the guy who wrote it uses VB. Am doing some testing with it and getting ready to take it live myself.
                    "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                    It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• Bema Jinn
                      • Mar 2003

mambo looks great!

can someone give me some more info on it, as i can't see much there.

Does it have easy module implementation? is there a site dedicated to them?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                        • Oct 2002
                        • 3.7.x

You can usually get Mambo installed as part of your webhosting account using fantastico if you have it - in much the same way as other open source apps. Take a look on http://www.mambohut.com/ where you can see images of all the free templates available and even change that site to use one of your choice.

There are also addon modules and additional code enhancements there. It is a Very good resource for all Mambo users.
                        John

Comment

• Mikes33Ponce
                          • Jun 2005

Thanks for the comments. Does anyone know exactly what is the deal with the Mambo team and OpenSourceMatters.com?

Comment

• tamarian
                            • Oct 2000
                            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Mikes33Ponce
                            To make Drupal a viable option we need userbase integration to vBulletin. Anyone willing to tackle this? (for pay, even?)
                            Done, and released at vb.org. But you can still send me the money
                            vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

• Mikes33Ponce
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by tamarian
                              Done, and released at vb.org. But you can still send me the money
                              Thanks but bad timing, for me at least. Already moved on to something else.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...