X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailfeathers
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.6.x

Best spyware remover?

I somehow got a spyware that replaces all my Google first page results with advertisements. I've run AdAware as well as Spybot but neither have caught it. I tend to be pretty good with removing spyware but this one just won't seem to leave my computer! I think its name might be AddWords, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    Photography :: Bird Information and Help
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

I'd have to say SpySweeper as the best paid solution You can get a free copy of ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy which does no harm either
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• bahbah
      • Dec 2001
      • 3.8.x

Spybot imo

Comment

• Tailfeathers
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.6.x

I'll have to check out SkySweeper...Adware and Spybot didn't catch this annoying spyware, argh.
        Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by bahbah
          Spybot imo
          The problem with spybot is they barely update their definitions. At least with ad-aware and spysweeper they update their definitions at LEAST once a week

Comment

• Hunter
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

I am not saying this is your problem but a lot of people when they run Ad-Aware they run the default scan. What you need to do is click customize then go and make sure everything has a green next to it(change red's to green's). Also before you run it you should update it, so that it has the newer bug finders in it.

I use nothing but Ad-Aware for my sptware protection and it has never not worked for me.
            Sportstwo.com

Comment

• Dean C
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.5.x

That's not what the forums over at lavasoftusa.com say ^^. There's a thread specifically about what you should tick and leave unticked

Comment

• Hunter
                • Apr 2003
                • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by Dean C
                That's not what the forums over at lavasoftusa.com say ^^. There's a thread specifically about what you should tick and leave unticked
                Ah well, I listen to my Network Administrator when it comes to computers. He hasn't failed me yet, so I will continue to listen to him.
                Sportstwo.com

Comment

• bahbah
                  • Dec 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Most of them don't pick up enough spyware. They rely on submissions of BHOs etc to their programmers to then have their software find the problem in the first place. Because of that most of these progs won't detect enough.

You should use Hijack this and a combination of ad aware and spybot. Hijack This will list your entire startup and if you're skilled enough you will know what is dodgy and what isn't.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...