X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surrix
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Help stop DHMO use!

Due in part to its widespread use in industry, Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is involved in many environmental incidents each year. While most are unavoidable given current technology, there can be little doubt that the presence of DHMO in each significantly increases the negative impact to the environment.

Among the many commonly-sited DHMO-related environmental impacts are:
    • DHMO contributes to global warming and the "Greenhouse Effect", and is one of the so-called "greenhouse gasses."
    • DHMO is an "enabling component" of acid rain -- in the absence of sufficient quantities of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.
    • DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion -- sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.
    • DHMO is present in nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.
    • Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.
    • Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.

Go to www.dhmo.org to find out how you can help save the Earth and the people in it.

DHMO = Dihydrogen Monoxide
    = H20 = Water
    Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

global warming was a misscalculation on our scientists parts and not to mention when a volcanoe explodes it spues out 100x what we can do in one year. its a natural effect and even if we werent here it would still be happening
    Last edited by Zachery; Sun 2 May '04, 7:00pm.

Comment

• chrispadfield
      • Aug 2000

Zachery, a little too much fox 'news' i might suggest.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• merk
        • Jul 2001

While i might not be very informed about the entire issue, but wasnt the issue 10 years ago the hole expanding, now its "oh the hole will let the bad gas escape and the hole will then return back to normal"?

Comment

• Surrix
          • Jan 2002
          • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Before this thread gets people angry make sure you read the last line of my post:

DHMO = Dihydrogen Monoxide = H20 = Water

Comment

• Cloud Strife
            • Jun 2002
            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Is this supposed to be a joke? Isnt Dihydrogenmonoxide just water?

Comment

• orca
              • Mar 2001
              • 5.5.x

Well, if it's true, everyone should be dead then...most of our body is DHMO.

Apparently, it's a joke...
              Ueli

Comment

• WizyWyg
                • Jul 2001

Old joke.. sheesh, this one is dated to the 90's....
                There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• Surrix
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Yes this is a joke although several people have already fallen for it but I guess they still fail to read the last part of my post

DHMO = Dihydrogen Monoxide = H20 = Water

Comment

• VodkaFish
                    • Oct 2003

So many have fallen for this. A whole town almost voted to ban it because of a hoax website. Penn & Teller did a great segment when they went to a protest and had people sign a patition against it. It was just to prove some people barely recognize or research a cause, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...