X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrispadfield
    • Aug 2000

Help with outlook 2003 :)

Hi there,

Just migrated from outlook express, and oh i should have done this ages ago!

However, one problem, is with the junk mail thing. When i added my accounts the junk mail was moved into the junk mail folder, which is great. However i added some rules to move mail that comes from a specific account into different subfolders in the inbox and it now seems that spam is moved into the junk mail folder and then into the folder i want mail sent to. How do i stop it moving the junk mail there? Any ideas?
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Make sure your rules are set to move instead of copy. Only run rules on the Inbox. Move the Junk Mail rule to the top of the list so it runs in first priority.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• chrispadfield
      • Aug 2000

Hi Wayne,

There is no rule for junk mail in my outlook 2003. This I believe is something part of outlook itself with its own configuration so it is not in the rules area, that is what i thought would fix it, moving a junk mail rule to the top but there are no junk mail rules.

The second idea, as you said, is to restrict the rules to only run if the email is in the inbox and no where else. However, this is not, is appears, possible because there is no condition or exclusion that allows you to only run the rule in one or other folders. I might however just be missing the obvious here!

On the "move" instead of "copy" i have checked and the rules are all move. I can see this happening as the email gets bounced into junk mail first (junk mail filters) and only then does it get moved following the rule I created.

However, i actually have another situation where i first filter an email into a folder based on the account it comes from, and then filter it based on the name of the sender. For some reason, the 2nd part of this dosen't move the email but copies it, even though it clearly states on the rules to move not copy.

Really weird having these problems, i had about 50 rules on outlook express before moving over and they worked fine there
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• NTLDR
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.0.0 Gamma

Originally posted by chrispadfield
        However, i actually have another situation where i first filter an email into a folder based on the account it comes from, and then filter it based on the name of the sender. For some reason, the 2nd part of this dosen't move the email but copies it, even though it clearly states on the rules to move not copy.
        I've got the same problem, I have to explicitly state in each rule not to move stuff that maybe handled by another rule because otherwise I get two copies of it.
        vBulletin.org Moderator
        The Sisters Three Charmed Discussion Forums

Comment

• chrispadfield
          • Aug 2000

Strange, outlook 2003 seems to be a little buggy in this area ...
          Christopher Padfield
          Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Dec 2000

I went from

Outlook Express -> Outlook -> Thunderbird and thats just this year.

I'm quite happy with Thunderbird at the moment.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...