X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Me2Be
    Lady Moderator
    • Jun 2000

Guess what I got today!!

We've been having server problems for about 10 days now and I've been kinda frustrated and making my moderators take on more responsibility on keeping an eye on things (which they have done very happily).

Then this afternoon, my husband and I got flowers sent to our offices from one of my moderators from my main board with a little card saying: "Thank you for everything! I just wanted to send a little something to you two to thank you for everything that you do to make the community a better place!"

Wasn't that just the nicest thing!!!!! (I need my jumping smilie here)
    Last edited by Me2Be; Thu 1 Mar '01, 4:20pm.
  • klisis
    • May 2000

Yeah, I do know your feeling. I do immigration jobs and when I receive cards or letter saying "Thank you" , it give me a pleasure of doing the job.

Comment

• chrispadfield
      • Aug 2000

hehe yup. It is so nice when you get an email or a pm with just a big thank you from people.

I am going to start sending my mods real birthday cards i think now that they have inputed them, a nice thing to somehow pay them back for all the incredible work they do.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• dwh
        • Sep 2000
        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

What makes it real nice is that it's rare!

Comment

• WebStyles
          • Apr 2000

That's so nice!

Aaron and I had something similar happen the other day. We were at a Flash conference in San Francisco, and on the last day before the raffle, they dragged us up on stage to thank us for our contribution to the Flash community. It was terrifying (since it was in front of 3,000 people!) but really nice at the same time.
          We're Here Forums!
          [email protected]

Comment

• Unown
            • Mar 2001

Man the people here are so nice! At the board where I got started on this UBBS thing, you have three groups: the cruel Talkers, the kind Defenders, and the silent people who try to be there and still keep themselves in one piece.

The problem with this world is that things like Me2Be's experience dont happen enough. No one cares!

Comment

• dwh
              • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Unown
              Man the people here are so nice! At the board where I got started on this UBBS thing, you have three groups: the cruel Talkers, the kind Defenders, and the silent people who try to be there and still keep themselves in one piece.

The problem with this world is that things like Me2Be's experience dont happen enough. No one cares!
              You are so right! But when u hear a story like me2be told, it cheers u up!

Comment

• Unown
                • Mar 2001

It's too bad. This world could be a whole lot better if things like that just happened more often.

Comment

• KeithMcL
                  • Jun 2000
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Unown
                  It's too bad. This world could be a whole lot better if things like that just happened more often.
                  Maybe people would end up taking things like that for granted then.

Comment

• dwh
                    • Sep 2000

Originally posted by KeithMcL

Maybe people would end up taking things like that for granted then.
                    You can try an experiment. Start giving your Girlfriend Flowers every week. Count how many thank you's you get each week. Make a trendline graph. When it starts to go down, you know you are being taken for granted. Then stop for a week. Check out her mood. Then start again, and make a new trendline. Then get offended when she stops appreciating you again. Stop sending her flowers again. But by then she will expect it. Not getting it, she will be mad @ you. Start spending the same money u spent on flowers on couples councelling. Blame your mother and her mother for your problems. Go your separate ways.

What have u learned?

Comment

• Unown
                      • Mar 2001

Um, how to really tick a girl off?

Anyway, the world would be nicer. That doesnt mean it'd be perfect. You always have a few idiots out there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...