Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrander
    • Nov 2003

Help Wanted Running a Worthy Non Profit Site

know that most bulletin boards frown on people trying to recruit help for for sites that are designed to make a profit. Can someone suggest how I might get in touch with individuals who might want to assist a worthy non profit group with running a bulletin board?
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

... maybe from someone who themselves are involved in the specific not-for-profit group...?
    John

Comment

• djnoz
      • May 2003

What sort of thing do you have in mind?
      Matt
      Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
      Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

• chrander
        • Nov 2003

I know that most bulletin boards frown on people trying to recruit help for sites that are designed to make a profit. Can someone suggest how I might get in touch with individuals who might want to assist a worthy non profit foundation with their website and bulletin board?

If my foundation is at all successful our website could generate millions of hits a month and the forums could end up being one of the biggest around. I suspect over the long term a customized software solution will be required to support our unique needs. I have the technical expertise that if I devoted enough man hours I could design and manage a website and forums myself but in order to do so I would end up using every last minute of my free time in the process and have none left over to try to get this endeavor off the ground. Which is a part of the reason I am putting a call out for assistance.

I think what we want to accomplish will spark an interest in a lot of people worldwide and they will want to get involved in a variety of ways. I'm just not sure if this is the place or the right time to give a complete overview of what we are hoping to accomplish at this stage as the scope of our charter could change in the coming weeks as I interact with more and more people.

I am personally paying for the hosting and bandwith of the site at the moment until such a time as the infrastructure can be put into place for the foundation to "pay" it's own way. As a consequence I am being short of details here as well as on our website at the moment because it is too soon to have our site "Slash.dotted" and we end up exceeding our bandwith allowance in a matter of hours.

If you might have some free time available in the next few months and would entertain the possibility of lending some expertise on developing our website or forums or have any suggestions of other venues for me to try please contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to share more details with you.

In any case thanks for your time reading my postings and have a great day…

Christopher
        Last edited by chrander; Sun 18 Apr '04, 4:22am.

Comment

• Brewer
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Sounds like this might be an interesting project to work on. What kind of help are you looking for?

Comment

• djnoz
            • May 2003

You definately have me curious.. I've just emailed ya.
            Matt
            Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
            Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...