X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeychgo
    • Mar 2004

I got 3meg dl for $45 a month --
    Building my Automotive Forum Network...
    Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Not sure about elsewhere but bandwidth limits do not exist in the US. My home network currently pulls 10-20 GB a day depending on what we are doing but there are times where we stream music on two different computers.
      Do you have a business account? I would imagine your ISP would quickly find out you're using 0.6 TB/month.

Comcast increased our upload cap from 128 Kb/sec to 256 Kb/sec a few months back. It slightly helped with my Remote Desktop Connection and obviously doubled file uploads such as via FTP, but it is still horrendously low and can make RDC downright painful (Windows has a tendency to redraw the desktop icons five times in a row for no reason).
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by filburt1
        Do you have a business account? I would imagine your ISP would quickly find out you're using 0.6 TB/month.
        No, I do not have a business account. I have a residential account and never had any problems with my provider except a comment from tech support that we use a lot of bandwidth compared to their average customers. However, their average customers have a single machine and don't get 15,000 emails a month on average.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Stingraynyc
          • Jan 2002

9000/900 no bandwidth limit. $45 a month. Optimum Online NYC (cable)

they do not allow you to run any kind of server though, If you upload to much (alot) your upload speed gets capped at 128. Download is totally unlimited

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Stingraynyc
            9000/900 no bandwidth limit. $45 a month. Optimum Online NYC (cable)

they do not allow you to run any kind of server though, If you upload to much (alot) your upload speed gets capped at 128. Download is totally unlimited
            It is supposed to be 10/1 Mb/sec download/upload and they only cap your downloads if you are running servers which is against the TOS agreement.

Comment

• Neocorteqz
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
              It is supposed to be 10/1 Mb/sec download/upload and they only cap your downloads if you are running servers which is against the TOS agreement.
              as is with most ISP's for their Home service. Business accounts are not subject to that restriction. You must Love OOL. They certainly did something right. What is your Average Down/UP?? Just curious. I get pretty damn close to my Download cap, and never have a problem hitting my upload cap.

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Neocorteqz
                as is with most ISP's for their Home service. Business accounts are not subject to that restriction. You must Love OOL. They certainly did something right. What is your Average Down/UP?? Just curious. I get pretty damn close to my Download cap, and never have a problem hitting my upload cap.
                Oops, I meant uploads.

I get around 8000 Kb/sec down and 1000 Kb/sec upload if I bypass my router, through my router download is cut to about 5000-6000 Kb/sec.

By the way, I have Optimum Online.

Edit: Here are the results of a speed test:

Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Tue 11 May '04, 4:58pm.

Comment

• JulianD
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.8.x

You guys are lucky. I pay like 65 US Dollars for a 256KB down/128KB up ADSL connection down here...
                  ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD
                    You guys are lucky. I pay like 65 US Dollars for a 256KB down/128KB up ADSL connection down here...
                    I pay $20 a month for a 56k that dose 21 on a good day...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...