PlayStation 3 .. information published

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPIRIT-WOLF
    • Apr 2004

ps3 is old news..it's ben in japan for like..a month and a half or summtin like that.=\

Comment

• Vile
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by SPIRIT-WOLF
      ps3 is old news..it's ben in japan for like..a month and a half or summtin like that.=\
      It has not even beel released in the U.S. yet, so no it's not "old news"

The expected release date for U.S. was Q3 2005, then pushed to 2006 (Q4 2004 in Japan) so lets see if Sony actually makes it on time

Speaking of which...Is anyone else here going to E3 this year?
      Last edited by Vile; Tue 6 Apr '04, 7:14pm.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
        • Feb 2003

I am sticking with my GCN that has an intergraded ATI Radeon 8500 graphics card.

Comment

• SPIRIT-WOLF
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vile
          actualy it is old news,cus it's all over the internet.it was already completed a year ago,but it wasn't released until earlier this year.it was here and left a while ago..©_©
          Last edited by SPIRIT-WOLF; Tue 6 Apr '04, 8:32pm.

Comment

• Yuneek
            • Feb 2004
            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Vile

The expected release date for U.S. was Q3 2005, then pushed to 2006 (Q4 2004 in Japan) so lets see if Sony actually makes it on time

Speaking of which...Is anyone else here going to E3 this year?
            I wish I was going to E3. *wonders off imagining such a great thing as going to E3*

Comment

• Vile
              • Jul 2002
              • 3.6.x

actualy it is old news,cus it's all over the internet.it was already completed a year ago,but it wasn't released until earlier this year.it was here and left a while ago..©_©
              Speaking about something that is not released is not old news.
              It didn't "leave" because it's not even out yet. The next 3 big consoles are PS2, X2, and GC2..The latest console war is yet to start.

Originally posted by Yuneek
              I wish I was going to E3. *wonders off imagining such a great thing as going to E3*
              Yup, fun stuff. Just one of the many perks of being in gaming scene
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Feel free to provide well established toy stories in Japan that have the ps3 on sale. Multiple URLs will do

Comment

• Jimmy Kane
                  • Dec 2003

that was the PSX. An upgraded PS2 with DVD R, and the ability to play MP3 files.

Comment

• SPIRIT-WOLF
                    • Apr 2004

no,i am talkin about ps3,i no more about it cus i got connections =\

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dean C
                      I'll be sticking with the XBox 2 .... Microsoft have this market sold...
                      Yep.... That is why with only repeat sales, Sony will be able to push 70 million PS3 units and Microsoft will only be able to push 13 million. Currently Microsoft is at the bottom of the heap when it comes to game units sold (Nintendo has sold 15 million Gamecubes). They will have to have something extraordinary to convince people to switch in the future. Something like Square-Enix, a company that constantly pushes the envelope and gets the console to go beyond its specifications.

Maybe Microsoft's new lower price will increase sales but it will most likely be among people buying a second or third console. I know that now is the time that I would consider buying the XBOX console if I could find a game or two that interested me on it. And that is just the XBOX, they will have just as high a mountain to surmount with their second generation console. Though ultimately, I believe the playing field will be between Microsoft and Sony. Sony has the edge of being entertainment giants though.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• filburt1
                        • Feb 2002

Gamecubes have outsold XBoxes? I find that hard to believe. I have both, but the Gamecube has far fewer games and far weaker hardware (but often brilliantly unique games that just don't exist on any other platform).
                        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Deaconxgp
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 3.0.0 'Gold'

hey I didn't think we had gamers around here!! NICE! i cant wait for the PS3 and XBox 2...

(stop by my gaming forums if any of you can)
                          Unscripted 360 - Xbox 360 Community Podcast

Comment

• Chen
                            • Jun 2001

Blessed is he who has time to play games.
                            Chen Avinadav
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Yep.... That is why with only repeat sales, Sony will be able to push 70 million PS3 units and Microsoft will only be able to push 13 million. Currently Microsoft is at the bottom of the heap when it comes to game units sold (Nintendo has sold 15 million Gamecubes). They will have to have something extraordinary to convince people to switch in the future. Something like Square-Enix, a company that constantly pushes the envelope and gets the console to go beyond its specifications.

Maybe Microsoft's new lower price will increase sales but it will most likely be among people buying a second or third console. I know that now is the time that I would consider buying the XBOX console if I could find a game or two that interested me on it. And that is just the XBOX, they will have just as high a mountain to surmount with their second generation console. Though ultimately, I believe the playing field will be between Microsoft and Sony. Sony has the edge of being entertainment giants though.
                              The reason Sony has the majority of the market is because Nintendo thought that people would wait a year for them to release a quality game console. They were wrong.

Comment

• Mainer82
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by filburt1
                                Rumor has it that there will be no backwards compatibility and no hard drive...the two main features that I care about the most.
                                Most likley will have 8-10GB flash drives or something more portable. I'm sure MS won't let us down.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...