FBI wants to wiretap broadband providers!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    If they can prevent people from being blown to bits by catching terrorists via broadband wiretaps, then by all means let them do it. Although, that is quite a bit of data to sort through.
    If the terrorists have a little bit of brains at all, they probably wouldn't meet on ICQ to chat about their plans. They would probably use something a little more sophisticated with high level encryption, anc considering today's technology it would be pretty hard for the FBI to understand any of it.

My guess is that the FBI are doing this to make it easier to locate and prosecute high profile file sharers, which in itself is quite a worthy cause. Maybe not as important as preventing people from being blown to bits, but it's still a crime.

This is only going to affect US internet providers though, right?
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

I don't think the FBI have ever let geography stop them before !
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Bane
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Floris
        Let them have their fun, all my activities are legal anyway
        I would like to state that I didn't cough up a lung laughing when I read this. I only came incredibly close. Giggles like this are good for your health. Thank you floris.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...