• kjenkins
        kjenkins commented
        Editing a comment
        Comment test

• kjenkins
        kjenkins commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes another comment

nextgen, now is the time to test user mention.

Found a bug. When mentioning another user after the first one, I got a js error:

Code:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of null        ckeditor-rollup-515b1.js
      The auto-suggest is also slow.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | User Social Network Icons in Postbit | Audio Attachments Player | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic | and a lot more...

Comment

Testing Glenn Vergara and TLMD

Comment

The big bug from the new version

Comment

Here you go Glenn Vergara and TLMD

Comment

Who comes up with the specification for such features? Everyone that ever codend an, or even just used autocomplete features knows to implement a limit. You just don't start polling the list when there's not at least 3 letters or so to go on. How is a list of several hundred, if not thousand entries for @a that takes about 30 seconds to appear going to be of any use? And it does not even stop polling the database if I continue writing and put a space after the @a. It just goes on ajaxing. Then the list pops up, and I can't get rid of that stupid giant list without selecting an entry. Shouldn't it just close once I click somewhere else? Or continue writing whole paragraphs? Please excuse any typos, but the list is still there while I'm typing along under it.

I know this is a beta - but don't the devs get some time to at least try out what they code just once? This is so seriously broken I really lack words. If you were doing things right from the start, give things some thought and at least test a feature once (and pretty please don't tell me you did and no one noticed) before throwing it out to a live site, everyone would save so much time. Now everyone is expected to write JIRAs, which need to be looked at, and I don't even want to know how many management decisions it will take to get this doa-feature fixed.

Comment

I have to say I agree with cellarius

Comment

nextgen testin user mention a publish to facebook ..

Comment

The result should have pagination to improve performance. And it should have a max-height and overflow: auto to prevent having a very long list.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | User Social Network Icons in Postbit | Audio Attachments Player | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic | and a lot more...

Comment

I've never used and see no practical use for user mentions. Are they really that popular that they made the feature list? Are they able to be turned off?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
                        I've never used and see no practical use for user mentions. Are they really that popular that they made the feature list? Are they able to be turned off?
                        If you want to get someone's attention, you mention him in a post. For example, in support forums such as this, you as a customer can mention a support staff so that he will be directly notified of your post and attend to your question/issue quickly. In terms of popularity, you know it was popularized by Twitter and then Facebook copied it.

Comment

Replicant Yes, they are. And yes, you can turn them off:
                          • As an user you find the option in the UserCP > User Settings > Notifications. Uncheck "Mentions you (...) in a post" and you won't be notified, if someone has tagged you.
                          • As an admin, there are permissions in the AdminCP (e.g. "Can tag users") and if you do not allow people to tag others, then the functionality is basically turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the schooling guys. Twitter and Facebook explains why I'm in the dark. I never really warmed up to facebook and I have never had a twitter account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X