• Show
Clear All
  • Hyper22Shadow
    • May 2003

I voted for Metroid-Online, I love that skin ^_^

Comment

• louisl
      • Dec 2001

It was a toss-up Daniweb or Metroid-Online...

Metroid-Online got my vote. Like the colors and skin, dont know if its homegrown, but it's a nice looking board. Daniweb great content but my eyes were drawn to Metroid-Online. Good Luck.
      Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

• AWS
        • Apr 2000
        • 5.2.x

DaniWeb all the way.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• RixiuS
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Daniweb gets my vote.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

No doubt about it: Daniweb.com

GO GIRL !

Comment

• cscgal
              • Aug 2003
              • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Hey there, thanks for the votes! There's some really great competition ... I have to admit I love Metroid-online's header and their postbit. It reminds me of some of the stuff a friend of mine designs.

I just want to add ... the main DaniWeb homepage is www.daniweb.com while the forums are located at www.techtalkforums.com ... the main daniweb index page is really a hacked version of vBadvanced for VB3
              Last edited by cscgal; Mon 1 Dec '03, 6:09pm.

DaniWeb Programming Forums
              Computer Tech Support and Programming Forums

Comment

Daniweb got my vote, great site.

Comment

• cscgal
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Thanks I love vBT too

Comment

• Daniel P
                    • Apr 2002

Metroid-Online gets my vote, good site

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

daniweb gets my vote

Comment

• Arkham
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 4.1.x

Nothing really stands out. All of this month's entries have the same vanilla vB design, with only some graphics to differentiate them. But I voted for Skullport: It's overall design shows more character than the others, it makes good use of its theme, and has a thriving community. Not to my personal taste, but a great expression of vBulletin.

Comment

• cscgal
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Arkham, I can't speak for the other contestants but I can speak for DaniWeb. I think that the reason this month's entries are more vanilla (so to speak) than in previous months is because the new VB3 style is so close to being released. For example, I for one have just purchased vBulletin less than 2 months ago and right away went with VB3 beta. Therefore, I've kept the number of style changes (with the exception of header and footer) to a minimum to avoid having to redo everything when the official style is released. I see that other contestants this month are also using VB3 so I would assume their reasoning is somewhat similar.

I for one am expecting some really nice stuff next month. Just wait until everyone scrambles after Kier's new design, takes notice that it's the forum style of the future, and pushes it to its max!

Comment

• peterska2
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 3.7.x

just voted for daniweb

Comment

• Arkham
                              • Mar 2001
                              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by cscgal
                              Arkham, I can't speak for the other contestants but I can speak for DaniWeb. I think that the reason this month's entries are more vanilla (so to speak) than in previous months is because the new VB3 style is so close to being released. For example, I for one have just purchased vBulletin less than 2 months ago and right away went with VB3 beta. Therefore, I've kept the number of style changes (with the exception of header and footer) to a minimum to avoid having to redo everything when the official style is released. I see that other contestants this month are also using VB3 so I would assume their reasoning is somewhat similar.

I for one am expecting some really nice stuff next month. Just wait until everyone scrambles after Kier's new design, takes notice that it's the forum style of the future, and pushes it to its max!
                              Hey, it was just a vote. Not a discussion.

I understand the issues involved with vB3 sites in this competition, but that's just the way it goes until the new version is released. I don't make an exception for vB3 sites as I don't think vb3 sites really have any place in here until they have a balanced chance to truly express themselves.. As it is, with vB3 sites the focus has to fall on graphics, and I don't believe that's what the contest is about.

But to be honest, Daniweb and Skullport were both a toss-up for me. I had to flip a mental coin. I personally prefer Daniweb, but there wasn't enough character there to sway my mood at voting time.

Comment

• Rusche
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Originally posted by Arkham
                                Hey, it was just a vote. Not a discussion.

I understand the issues involved with vB3 sites in this competition, but that's just the way it goes until the new version is released. I don't make an exception for vB3 sites as I don't think vb3 sites really have any place in here until they have a balanced chance to truly express themselves.. As it is, with vB3 sites the focus has to fall on graphics, and I don't believe that's what the contest is about.

But to be honest, Daniweb and Skullport were both a toss-up for me. I had to flip a mental coin. I personally prefer Daniweb, but there wasn't enough character there to sway my mood at voting time.
                                It doesnt all fall on graphics, the templates have a place aswell, alot of great sites have just as much effort into templates aswell as graphics.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...