X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airwork
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.8.x

Thread not aligning properly

I have aligned my forum to the left en given it a width of 760. Now almost everything has aligned to te left, except for the first post in every thread as well as the author/thread table above the thread. These seem to be pushed to the right, which obviously doesn't look very nice .
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Have tried to edit all "center" references in the showthread template to "left", but doesn't help.
    My websitelogo and navigational bar are included in the headerfiles.

Forums: http://www.airwork.nl/bulletinboard
    Example of misalignement: http://www.airwork.nl/bulletinboard/...&threadid=1129

I use VB 2.3.2.
  • poolking
    • Aug 2002

Go into your templates and look for <td width="760" change all of these and it should solve your problem.

Comment

• Airwork
      • Nov 2003
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by poolking
      Go into your templates and look for <td width="760" change all of these and it should solve your problem.
      But then the forum won't align with the rest of my website. Everything has a width of 760 and the forum would then be totally different...

As there is an option to change the width of the board, it should work properly at a different width. Hope anyone can help?

Comment

• Airwork
        • Nov 2003
        • 3.8.x

the answer

When trying to find similar problems on this board, I found several topics like mine, but noticed that when someone comes to a solution, they tell in their thread "I worked it out!", but do not explain what they did. Also when someone offers to help online, afterwards they do not explain what they have done to make the problem go away. This makes this forum not as helpful as it could be.

I have discovered what the solution to my problem was, and got some advise from vbulletin.
        This is what happened:

In the header-file I included my bannerlogo and navigational bar. The banner had a width of 760. This was the problem that made by board misalign. Some messages were pushed to the far right, including the table header and other messages. People saw a blank page if they didn't scroll to the right. When I changed the width of the board to 100%, the problem remained.

When I made the grid under my banner wider, the problem was gone. O.k. that was very nice, but I still wanted to have the board left aligned at 760 pixels to fit in with the rest of my site... The solution to that problem is as follows:

When I changed the board to 760 pixels again, the board would center. To make it left aligned I changed <center> in the header template to: <div align=left> and </center> in the footer template to </div>.

That was it. Hope this is of help to someone with similar problems!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...