Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimnyc
    • Aug 2003

Add html at top of board?

I am adding a newsletter for my board and would like to add the short subscribe script at the top of my board (just below where you would click to enter "USER CP".

Where would I edit to add this code?

Thanks!
  • JamesT
    • May 2003

Originally posted by jimnyc
    I am adding a newsletter for my board and would like to add the short subscribe script at the top of my board (just below where you would click to enter "USER CP".

Where would I edit to add this code?

Thanks!
    That would be the header template. Just a note, you will only be allowed to enter HTML. PHP will not get parsed in the template. You could use the php_include if you wish to add php.

Comment

• jimnyc
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by JamesT
      That would be the header template. Just a note, you will only be allowed to enter HTML. PHP will not get parsed in the template. You could use the php_include if you wish to add php.
      I added my html code to the header template, and it placed my subscription form right above "user cp-calendar-members-faq..."

On a new install of version 2.3.2 you'll have the na,e of the board on the left, with the amount of members and total posts just beneath it. I want to place my small html form just to the right of that. Any idea what template that would be?

I tried various places on the header template and it's always at the top near the logo or control panel. I'd prefer it one level below.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Jim

Comment

• jimnyc
        • Aug 2003

I think I found where I am supposed to put the code, in the "forumhome" template.

I'm able to get the subscription form to load now, but it screws up the alignment of the board at the top. Is there a way to edit my code to have the "form" appear dead center between "newest member" and "current time and last time visited" without altering the alignment of those?

I'm going to try and attach a pic below to show you what I mean by mine being out of alignment. Here is the code I am using in the forumhome template:

Welcome to our newest member, <a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&amp;action=getinfo&amp;userid=$newuserid">$newusername</a><br>
        <b>Enter email address to receive US Message Board Newsletter</b>
        <form action="http://www.myboard.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi">
        <input type="hidden" name="flavor" value="subscribe">
        <input type="hidden" name="list" value="usmess">
        <input type="text" name="email" value="email address" size="20">
        <input type="submit" value="Submit">
        </form>

</smallfont></td>
        <td align="right"><smallfont><br>

The time now is $timenow.<br>
        You last visited: $bbuserinfo[lastvisitdate].

Thanks again for any help!
        Attached Files

Comment

• jimnyc
          • Aug 2003

Anyone?

Please!

Comment

• jimnyc
            • Aug 2003

*bump*

Does anyone see what I'm talking about how it distorts the top of the board? I'd just like to know the best way to add my code to that section without affecting the "posts, threads, newest member" and "timezone" section.

I'm not that great with html, so any help offered will be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...