X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • N9ne
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.0 Beta

Looking for a listening icon...

I'm sure i've seen an icon somewhere that's appropriate...what I want is a small icon that is maybe an ear with those sound waves coming out of it..it's for a 'listening to:' modification i've made for vB3 and I just need an icon for it .

Thanks for any help.
  • Dean C
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.5.x

I was looking for something good like this too. I'm not good at making those 15 X 15 icons as dealing with individual pixels is awkward
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• N9ne
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by Mist
      I was looking for something good like this too. I'm not good at making those 15 X 15 icons as dealing with individual pixels is awkward
      Yeah tell me about it, I can't seem to create anything under 50x50px

Comment

• Bad Bunny
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.7.x

I'll give it a shot. I enjoy making tiny things. What style did you want it in? The default post icon style for vB?
        V1 Bad Bunny Emoticons > (For Dark BGs)
        Squarehead V1 Emoticons -
        Let Users select postbit style!

Comment

• N9ne
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by Bad Bunny
          I'll give it a shot. I enjoy making tiny things. What style did you want it in? The default post icon style for vB?
          Well i'm not sure what Mist's looking for but the idea I have is a light-ish brown small ear with small sound waves emitting from it, towards the right (so ear on the left, waves on the right) and waves are white.

Give it a go but I can't promise i'll use it as I remember this one icon I saw a while ago and that'd be perfect for me...

Comment

• Dean C
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.5.x

Yea I developed a hack for my board where users can post lo-fi hi-fi and download links to readings of the poetry they make. So perhaps something similar to n9ne

Comment

• Bad Bunny
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.7.x

I just want to get the basic idea here before I go at it. Not exactly easy to trim a tiny bit image by 4 pixels....
              So does this get a background? Or is it t stand alone with a transparent background? Anti-aliased, or crisp?

Oh, I want to point out, I think the ear with soundwaves coming to it is bad design...but I'll try my best to make whatever you guys decide you want.

Comment

• N9ne
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by Bad Bunny
                I just want to get the basic idea here before I go at it. Not exactly easy to trim a tiny bit image by 4 pixels....
                So does this get a background? Or is it t stand alone with a transparent background? Anti-aliased, or crisp?

Oh, I want to point out, I think the ear with soundwaves coming to it is bad design...but I'll try my best to make whatever you guys decide you want.
                Transparent. The problem is I have my heart set on a specific icon, and it's also hard for me to describe it...

Comment

• Bad Bunny
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 3.7.x

Well, if you have your heart set on a specific icon and you can't describe it, we have some trouble don't we? I'm not really up for doing this for free and have numerous rewrites. Sorry.

I can still do something for Mist if he wants it. Mist, you have two different icons you need? One for hi-fi and one for lo-fi dls?

Comment

• Dean C
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.5.x

Yea give it a try if you get some free time Bad Bunny. The best i could come up with was a clef and semi-clef which looked silly

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...