How to implement such a TimezoneOffset-List (like in VBulltin 2-Profile) into 1.1.x?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GodAnubis
    • Dec 2000

How to implement such a TimezoneOffset-List (like in VBulltin 2-Profile) into 1.1.x?

Hi!

I just surfed a bit through the board an looked into my profile to add an Avatar. There I saw the Selection-Box for selecting the TimezoneOffset.
    Now I want to change the modifyprofile-Template so that I can use this Feature in our 1.1.3-VBulletin.

Can anybody tell me, how I have to do this and which files I have to change eventually.

Thnx.

Anubis
  • Me2Be
    Lady Moderator
    • Jun 2000

First of all, I would definitely NOT run 1.1.3 anymore. Vb2.0 is coming out VERY shortly, but if you don't plan to upgrade to Vb2.0, then at least upgrade to 1.1.5

There are quite a few problematic issues in 1.1.3 that will surely cause you errors in the future.

Comment

• GodAnubis
      • Dec 2000

Ok!

When VBulletin 2.0 is out I'll upgrade. But when will it be available? I'm already waiting so looooooooooong

*wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *is-it-out-now* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *is-it-out-now* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *is-it-out-now* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *is-it-out-now* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *wait* *is-it-out-now*

Can't you tell me, how to add this feature to 1.1.3? Because when I upgrade to 2.0 i'll edit the entire Templates to fit the Design of my new page (although of the abilty to use them in 2.0 (my Design changed completely)). But before I upload the new page I want that the users already have this feature and don't have to type in -4, -8, +3, ...

Please help me.

Anubis

Comment

• Ratorasniki
        • Oct 2000

if im not mistaken you can change your template to use this
        Code:
        <select name="timezoneoffset">
        <option value="-12" >(GMT -12:00 hours) Eniwetok, Kwajalein</option>
        <option value="-11" >(GMT -11:00 hours) Midway Island, Samoa</option>
        <option value="-10" >(GMT -10:00 hours) Hawaii</option>
        <option value="-9" >(GMT -9:00 hours) Alaska</option>
        <option value="-8" >(GMT -8:00 hours) Pacific Time (US & Canada)</option>
        <option value="-7" >(GMT -7:00 hours) Mountain Time (US & Canada)</option>
        <option value="-6" >(GMT -6:00 hours) Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City</option>
        <option value="-5" selected>(GMT -5:00 hours) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima, Quito</option>
        <option value="-4" >(GMT -4:00 hours) Atlantic Time (Canada), Caracas, La Paz</option>
        <option value="-3.5" >(GMT -3:30 hours) Newfoundland</option>
        <option value="-3" >(GMT -3:00 hours) Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown</option>
        <option value="-2" >(GMT -2:00 hours) Mid-Atlantic</option>
        <option value="-1" >(GMT -1:00 hours) Azores, Cape Verde Islands</option>
        <option value="0" >(GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca, Monrovia</option>
        <option value="+1" >(GMT +1:00 hours) CET(Central Europe Time), Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris</option>
        <option value="+2" >(GMT +2:00 hours) EET(Eastern Europe Time), Kaliningrad, South Africa</option>
        <option value="+3" >(GMT +3:00 hours) Baghdad, Kuwait, Riyadh, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd, Nairobi</option>
        <option value="+3.5" >(GMT +3:30 hours) Tehran</option>
        <option value="+4" >(GMT +4:00 hours) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Baku, Tbilisi</option>
        <option value="+4.5" >(GMT +4:30 hours) Kabul</option>
        <option value="+5" >(GMT +5:00 hours) Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent</option>
        <option value="+5.5" >(GMT +5:30 hours) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi</option>
        <option value="+6" >(GMT +6:00 hours) Almaty, Dhaka, Colombo</option>
        <option value="+7" >(GMT +7:00 hours) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta</option>
        <option value="+8" >(GMT +8:00 hours) Beijing, Perth, Singapore, Hong Kong, Chongqing, Urumqi, Taipei</option>
        <option value="+9" >(GMT +9:00 hours) Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka, Sapporo, Yakutsk</option>
        <option value="+9.5" >(GMT +9:30 hours) Adelaide, Darwin</option>
        <option value="+10" >(GMT +10:00 hours) EAST(East Australian Standard), Guam, Papua New Guinea, Vladivostok</option>
        <option value="+11" >(GMT +11:00 hours) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia</option>
        <option value="+12" >(GMT +12:00 hours) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshall Island</option>
        </select>
        instead of just the text box. i just ripped that out of the profile section of the board, but assuming the form element name is the same (timezoneoffset) it will work the same, since the values are all the same as if you were to type in +5, +4, etc. i might actually add that to my board, its a lot better.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...