my page loads really slow in netscape only?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casey
    • Jan 2001

my page loads really slow in netscape only?

Hey guys..

My page loads really quick in internet explorer. But when I try to load it in netscape it takes about 20 times as long, no lie. Anyone know why?

my url is: http://www.huntchat.com

Thanks,
    Casey
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Tables....

Netscape has a problem with complex tables. Well not really a problem but it slows down the rendering of a page. It will not start drawing the page until it gets to that last </table> tag. If it never finds it or other tags are out of whack, it simply refuses to draw the page.

This is both good and bad. It is good in the fact that Developers build stronger pages that will be easier to convert to XHTML in the future. It is bad in that it goes against the current HTML standard which doesn't explicitly require closing table tags in a document.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Casey
      • Jan 2001

so what should i do to make it load faster for netscape users? right now its just TOO slow to even use. redesign the page completely?

casey

Comment

• ukliam
        • Apr 2000

just check your templates to make sure your HTML is all correct, especially the header and footer as they are loaded on almost all pages.
        You could make it so there are not so many embedded tables, netscape hates them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...