Vote for your favorite board - vBotM April

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

TalkLoud.net, no doubt. Doesn't look like any other forum I've ever visited, very fast and very slick.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Corbu
      • May 2002

Talkoud for the diversity in the organization of the board.

Comment

• Nzo
        • Mar 2003
        • 3.8.x

Hystersisters.com gets my vote. Looks like an awesome community and design is very original.

Comment

• Diva
          • Sep 2001

When is the winner announced?
          Are We Fighting?
          Am I Winning?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

With almost 50% of the votes, talkloud.net is the obvious winner. CONGRATULATIONS.

I don't get it though, scott didn't close this poll, but he took the time to start the new one ?

Comment

• Dean C
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.5.x

Congratulations Bane !

- miSt
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Bane
                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by s.molinari
                Im not sure whats so difficult about my site for you Scott. :P

Thanks for your votes everyone. It was a lot of fun and actually running against two of my favorite vb's Im quite happy to win.

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Congrats, Bane!
                  :)

Comment

• Arkham
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 4.1.x

Congrats, talkloud.net -- sharp-looking forum there.

I strongly suggest expanding the contest to accommodate "Style of the Month", for visual design and layout, and "Forum of the Month" for feature and community.

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

I doubt if that will work ^^

Simply for the reason that most voting on the community feel to a forum requires IMO a 6-month posting span at least

- miSt
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Arkham
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Mist

Simply for the reason that most voting on the community feel to a forum requires IMO a 6-month posting span at least
                        That's not a valid reason. A helluva lot can be gleaned re: a community by looking through the posts and forums. A good community is obvious. But that's just one aspect - there are other factors such as site identity, editorial quality, features and functions, content (variety, quality, organization), etc...

Comment

• Bane
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Mist

- miSt
                          IMHO I would just say that some people need to accept that their opinion of what makes a great board is different than others. While Arkham may believe that there must be a focus point to the forum for it to be anything, he fails to realize that some of us really dont care.

TalkLoud for example is a forum that was set up for the most part for a bunch of users of the old influx9 website where I used to rant about how much I thought everthing was moronic and I was the bestest in the world so that they had a place to come and agree with me. Since then other people have come for other reasons and we had fun talking about topics in various forms, with no central purpose other than having a bit of fun with a small group of people that we enjoyed being around. i9 switched to TalkLoud, I grew out of ranting.

TalkLoud will never be one of the bigger forums for exactly that reason. We are for the most part a very tight group of core users and others that come and go. We invite everyone to play but the site is there for those of us who use it to keep in touch with each other and have fun. HS is a great site with a great focus, I agree. Do I think thats the only way to do a website? Nope, obviously not.

The suggestion of having 2 vbotm contests is an odd one considering that the single vbotm contest isnt even that well attended. 68 votes this month, and Im guessing half the people who vote already knew who they would vote for before they did. I didnt vote at all to be honest. I obviously love talkloud but for the same reason I never nominate or second it I felt it would be neat to just stay out of it. *shrug* You split the contest in two it becomes a bit watered down.

I thought that Kathy and Arkham stated the case very well for Hystersisters, and its a great site, in fact I sent my mom to go check it out after her surgery. Just not the only type of site out there. To be honest when Arkham went on his "forum for forums sake" rant I was a little miffed, but got over it quickly. There is something to be said for the high school lunchroom effect, since you form some great bonds there.

I hope this doesnt sound sour, I just hate to see people get put down in a community because their ideas may be different. While you may find the forum trivial and senseless it may have an entirely different value for the people who go there.

That was a bit longer than I intended, and sorta all over the place. Apparently I didnt grow out of ranting after all.

Comment

• Arkham
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Bane
                            IMHO I would just say that some people need to accept that their opinion of what makes a great board is different than others. While Arkham may believe that there must be a focus point to the forum for it to be anything, he fails to realize that some of us really dont care.
                            No, I haven't failed to realise that -- I've learned a few things over a few years of involvement with this sort of thing.

I just think an expanded contest with more focussed awards would benefit both vBulletin and the winners. The more the merrier!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...