Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cf3d
    • Mar 2003

My First Style Design

Became a member this past week and have spent the past 3 days working on this design. I needed it to match my website (that is still under development).

So please have a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks.

Just in case you don't want to click on the WWW button below...

http://www.nurv-clan.com (been having problems with the DNS so if it doesn't work try the following)

http://server945.gisol.com/~nurv for the website itself to see the page layout itself.

http://server945.gisol.com/~nurv/forums for the forums...
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

For a first tryout you did some very nice work there. Congratulations on your new asset (design/style wise and forum software wise).

One thing that always annoys me on web sites is their header. Your header also takes up almost 1/3 of my screen (1024x resolution) It really shows nothing that I want to read. That is my only down side to your site. Don't take it personal, since it is a personal preference of mine.

Looking good! Especially for a first week of vBulletin-ing.

Comment

• Dean C
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.x

Tis very nice for your first go. Criticism:

- your curves in places are a bit jagged
      - On the nav buttons and the sideblock header bits the gradient behind the text which i guess is meant to look liquidy is a bit too sharp. You might want to smoothen that out and it will look nicer
      - I don't like that flashing after clicking on the nav buttons at all
      - You have times new roman fonts in your module boxes on the homepage.

Other than this - its a nice design. Good job!

- miSt
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• cf3d
        • Mar 2003

Thanks for the comments.

xiphoid - Unfortunately when I design a website, I design it at with my monitors resolution at 1280x1024. This tends to be a problem sometimes since most peoples resolution is at 800x600 or 1024x768...

So I gues you could say it's designed for 1024x768 but best viewed at 1280x1024. lol

mist - which curves? At 1280x1024 the curves look fine. As are as the nav buttons go, you can only do so much with small images. However, I will look into smoothing those out some.

Ah, my blinkit buttons. Come on now.. you don't like those. lol... Me either. I was just testing out some coding and I really don't like it much myself. I will be removing that flashing soon.

As for the Times New Roman font, I will be switching to Verdana soon.

Thanks again for your comments.

Tommy

Comment

• Dean C
          • Mar 2002
          • 3.5.x

Nice to see someone taking criticism constructively. I look forward to seeing your improvements !

- miSt
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• cf3d
            • Mar 2003

working on a redesign as we speak. I've scaled the header from 205 height to almost just a little over 100 height... Will have something tomorrow for yall to look at...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...