Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexserv
    • Feb 2003

"Report Post | IP: Logged"

How do I change the way the link "Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged" is positioned by default? I want it positioned the way it is on this forum.

Someone told me I have to modify within the Admin CP, Templates > Modify > Postbit Templates > Postbit template but I don't know how. Or is there a hack for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • fury
    • Jun 2001

Follow that trail in your admin control panel, and in the template editing box, around the middle of it, you should find a line that looks like this:

<p align="right"><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report this post to a moderator</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></p>

See the <p align="right"> part? Remove the align="right" so it looks like this:

<p><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report this post to a moderator</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></p>

And if you'd like to go one step further and make it look exactly like it is here, just change "Report this post to a moderator" to "Report Post", like so:

<p><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report Post</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></p>

Comment

• Lexserv
      • Feb 2003

I got it, Fury, but notice how I don't have a signature yet the links remain all the way on the bottom. By default, the links would be on the left but also in the middle of a post.

Can you help? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• fury
        • Jun 2001

That's how they behave here too. It's just that our posts are taller than our user info in the left column. Watch.

Comment

• fury
          • Jun 2001

To get them to stick to the bottom, go back to the postbit template

A little way up from the line of code containing the report/IP links is this:

<td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top">

Change that to this:

<td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top" height="100%">
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%"><tr><td height="100%" valign="top">

And JUST BEFORE the line with the report/IP links, add:

</smallfont></td></tr>
          <tr><td><smallfont>

Then after the report/IP link line, change the

</td>

to:

</smallfont></td></tr></table>
          </td>

That whole section should then look about like this:

<td bgcolor="$post[backcolor]" width="100%" valign="top" height="100%">
          <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%"><tr><td height="100%" valign="top">
          <smallfont>$post[icon] <b>$post[title]</b></smallfont>
          <p><normalfont>$post[message]</normalfont></p>
          $post[attachment]
          <p>$post[signature]</p>
          <p>$post[editedby]</p>
          </smallfont></td></tr>
          <tr><td><smallfont>
          <p align="right"><smallfont><a href="report.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&postid=$post[postid]">Report this post to a moderator</a> | $post[iplogged]</smallfont></p>
          </smallfont></td></tr></table>
          </td>

Comment

• Lexserv
            • Feb 2003

Ah,ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me, Fury.

Comment

• fury
              • Jun 2001

No problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...