Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blairwarlock
    • Nov 2001

Is there a simple way to do this...

All I want to do is create 2 or 3 different forums...each being differentiated by a different header. Is there a way to do this w/o creating a new template set? The problem with template sets is that if I change a template in one of the sets, I have to manually change it in the other sets. Will creating a new style do this?
    Last edited by Blairwarlock; Mon 27 May '02, 6:08pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Nope, I'm afraid you'll need to create separate template and style sets to do this. I have the same problem (12 styles) but it's not a big deal. Cut-n-paste is your friend!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
      • Nov 2001

I'm confused then. When I create a new Style, one of the properties under [fonts/colors/etc] is "Header", "Footer" , etc which I assume is pulling from it's respective template set. What happens if I changed this at the Style level then?

Comment

• Blairwarlock
        • Nov 2001

Hmm, well I tried it. Changing a property at the Style level, like Footer, also changes the property in the template set

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Blairwarlock
          Hmm, well I tried it. Changing a property at the Style level, like Footer, also changes the property in the template set
          Yes it does. That's because a Style set is merely a Replacement Set + a Template set. That's why I said you need to create a separate style AND template set.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
            • Nov 2001

Ok, I believe you now

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Blairwarlock
              Ok, I believe you now
              The world would be a much better place if everyone took that healthy attitude!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...