Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kat
    • Nov 2001

Upgrading.. Templates for dummies please

I understand my templates, I understand how they connect etc etc. But I cant for the life of me figure out what happens when I upgrade.

I dont know how to tell WHAT has changed. For example... the main template set I use is called main (orignal eh? ) So, after I upgrade, where do I find the templates that actually changed so that I can try and incorporate the changes into my "main" template.

I DO understand that BLUE means it has been changed from original, but I dont know if I did it, or if the upgrade did it or what.

Is there anywhere around here that explains this better or maybe someone can help those of us who are having difficulty? Or maybe I am the only one who doesnt understand this?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

In addition the the master template set only those templates that you haven't modified get 'updated' when you upgrade. If you want to know which templates changed, look at the list in the upgrade announcement. If one of you customized templates is on that list, it doesn't get overwritten. However you can compare it to the new template by clicking on [view original].
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kat
      • Nov 2001

Ok, that helps... but does the upgrade do this to ALL of the template sets or just the default one?

IOW, do I have to look at the default original and then hop over to my "main" set, or does my "main" set reflect this too?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...