• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smithy|MMGN
    • Mar 2002

dropdown at top

im trying to get a drop down at the top of every page on my forum

the dropdown im trying to get at the top is here

can anyone think of a way to get this drop down to work at the top of the forums?

Thanks in advance
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It depends on the script. I have a dropdown menu on my site and I had to put the script in the headinclude template and another line initializing the script in the body tag. Just read and follow the the instructions for your script.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Smithy|MMGN
      • Mar 2002

trouble is the dropdown changes quite often.

I wanted it kept in 1 place so that when i make a change to it it updates globably

this is because i have about 10 different styles.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry we can't really help you with third-party add-ons like this. FWIW the reason I use the dropdown menu I have on my site is that it was easy to set up the colors with vB replacement variables which made it easy to work with multiple stye sets. I still have to add it to each set though. Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Smithy|MMGN
          • Mar 2002

thx smachol

is it possible to add a replacement variable called dropdown and make it a default variable and then add it to every style.

then if i needed to change it i could change it and it would then update for all the styles?

also what code would i put in the header to get the varible to show?

woul this work?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

I really don't know. If I did know I might have done it on my site. Instead I just added the appropriate section in the headinclude templates for each style set. It only took a couple of minutes and was hardly any work at all.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...