Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phumphries
    • Jun 2000

Another Instant Code Template/Hack

This is a JavaScript "hack" to implement a version of the "Instant Code" routines I have seen on a variety of boards. Some of the code is from the various versions posted here; I hope that the authors do not mind that I built with it. A major improvement over the ones that I have seen is that the same code will work on all the posting forms.

In the editpost, newreply and newthread templates, add the line
    Code:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="instantcode.js"></SCRIPT>
    just before the </HEAD> code.

Wherever you want to add the Instant Code Helper (I put it just after the Message: and blurb, beside the composition window), add the code
    Code:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="instanthtml.js"></SCRIPT>
    In the main forum directory, not the Admin directory, place the two JavaScript files, instantcode.js and instanthtml.js. In the Images directory, place the transparent vertical bar, transparent.gif. (See the following message for the files, as they are no longer on my board since the 2.0.3 upgrade.)
    Last edited by phumphries; Fri 17 Aug '01, 10:53am.
    Peter E. Humphries
  • phumphries
    • Jun 2000

Just attaching the files referenced above, as they are no longer on my site.
    Peter E. Humphries

Comment

• smithy256

what does this hack do?

Comment

• phumphries
        • Jun 2000

If you look at the post date of the original message, it will perhaps make sense to you that this hack implements vbCode tools for 1.1.3. I was just attaching the files in case anyone ever wants to see my version. During the upgrade to 2.0.3 I removed them from my server (not being needed, anymore, since clickable smilies and vbCode tools are in, now).

That had the unfortunate side effect of bumping the thread up.

Of course, you can always try this code out on your 2.0.3 board, although I have not tested it. I do have some extra stuff in there; when I hack them into my 2.0.3 install, I will post them, of course.
        Peter E. Humphries

Comment

• hacker
          • Mar 2001

Originally posted by phumphries
          If you look at the post date of the original message, it will perhaps make sense to you that this hack implements vbCode tools for 1.1.3. I was just attaching the files in case anyone ever wants to see my version. During the upgrade to 2.0.3 I removed them from my server (not being needed, anymore, since clickable smilies and vbCode tools are in, now).

That had the unfortunate side effect of bumping the thread up.

Of course, you can always try this code out on your 2.0.3 board, although I have not tested it. I do have some extra stuff in there; when I hack them into my 2.0.3 install, I will post them, of course.
          So what does this do?

Comment

• fury
            • Jun 2001

I think what he is saying, is that this hack was integrated into vBulletin for the 2.x series (clickable smilies, automatic vB code, etc)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I gathered from it

Comment

• phumphries
              • Jun 2000

Yes, most of the vB Code composition features that are in this hack are now part of the 2.0.3 distribution. I did have some extra stuff like fancy table formatting, but I have not hacked it into 2.0.3, yet.

When I do, I will be sure to bump this thread up, again.
              Peter E. Humphries

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...