Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmd
    • Jan 2002

button colors

Ok I did a search to change the colors of the buttons. but all I could find was that you do it in your postbit templates

I could use a little more info than that.

Also
    I have changed the colors to my board, but the colors are the standard colors. Any suggestions to what I should chance them to

Thanks in advance
    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE
  • DirectPixel
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.5.x

Um...could you be a bit more clear, please?

It seems to me that you want to change the colors of the buttons. In order to do that, you will need to download the Graphics SDK and change the colors yourself in Adobe Photoshop.

I do not believe you can change colors through the postbit templates.
    :)

Comment

• jmd
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by eiSecure
      Um...could you be a bit more clear, please?

It seems to me that you want to change the colors of the buttons. In order to do that, you will need to download the Graphics SDK and change the colors yourself in Adobe Photoshop.

I do not believe you can change colors through the postbit templates.
      Yes I just want to change the colors to the buttons. I don't want to change the style or get into making up all different button. There must be a simple quick way to do this. And don't have photo shop

Cheers
      Last edited by jmd; Sun 28 Apr '02, 8:34am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

To change the color of the buttons, you'll have to change the image files themselves. You can then upload the new images to your 'images' directory or a new directory, i.e., 'images/new'. If you choose a new directory then just change the {imagesfolder} replacement variable to the new directory.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jmd
          • Jan 2002

Ok i downloaded the graphics kit from vb and I have photo shop

I see in the graphics kit the only file I have is called header button(User cp) how do I get all the other header buttons. This is the only one in the kit. I was able to change the color and upload it with no problems, but now I need the rest of them. ( Register Calendar, members, faq,search and home.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• nemesis01
            • Oct 2001

Open the PSD, look in the 'layers' tab and just click the other buttons such as usercp, register, calendar etc.......

Comment

• jmd
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by nemesis01
              Open the PSD, look in the 'layers' tab and just click the other buttons such as usercp, register, calendar etc.......

Thanks nemesis01

I redid my buttons lol man that was allot of work, but I learned a few things today lol

Love to hear what ya think.

Cheers

Comment

• Jux
                • Feb 2002

You can also use the Photoshop actions that are at the top of this forum to make new buttons...it's automatic, takes just a few minutes to make...

Comment

• jmd
                  • Jan 2002

Thanks for the tip jux. I think thats it for changes untill vb3 gets released, then I will get a little more creative. I will also add that new portal page they're offering depending on the cost.

Cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...