Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. X
    • May 2001

Redesigned my forums -Comments welcome!

First lemme thank all the peeps in the Template on vb.com and the great hackers at vb.org for helping me with all my questions, I learned alot!

The theme I have is something I've wanted to do for a while. Before hand, it was monotonous grey with 1 other color, usually yellow or blue. Just drab looking.

As you can see, Im a minimalist, I like it simple and clean. Nothing too fancy or anything, mainly because I wouldnt know how to make it fancy anyway

The color scheme I stumbled upon. Originally I was planning for a dark blue/yellow-orangish theme similar to what Infopop or yaxay use, but I dug the sandy beige tone so I stuck with that.

I made a new header, footer, edited much of forumhome, forumdisplay, postbit etc as well. The folder icons are from a Gnome Icon set which looked perfect for the scheme. The rest I either made myself or edited from collections of graphics I've gathered over the years. Im definetly no C-Prompt or Sinecure so making icons from scratch is a bit over my head for now. Btw, I did get prior permission to edit the Copyright info in case someone brings it up.

Im making 3 other themes, one where the User Info pane is aligned left like the default, one where the text is size 2 instead of 1, and a 3rd where the user info is aligned left AND text is size 2 instead of 1.

My grievances are that Im having trouble putting the forumlist into a table, like what Yaxay has. I'd like to use a different color since for the backround since theres a bit too much white for my liking, but since I have each post seperated by a spacer, it messes up. I also would have liked to use dotted CSS borders, but that is WAAAY over my head so I gave up. I also wish I could figure out how to bring the header to touch the Welcome Panel, but so far no luck.

Oh yeah, no fancy logo in the header yet, so that part you see is temporary. Im working on it

Overall, Im really happy with out it came out, and even though I suck at HTML, PHP and pretty much all things web/forum design, Im kinda proud of myself. I think I'll get myself a cookie, preferably one with chocolate and M&M's inside.
    Last edited by Mr. X; Mon 15 Apr '02, 4:36am.
    forums: pcfx.cc
    gallery: here
  • Bugz
    • Dec 2001

Wow. Your forums look great. Looks like you put alot of work into it Nice JoB.

BTW. Click the forums link in his profile.

Comment

• SonnetCelestial
      • May 2000

very very pretty! Definitely very xboxish in design!!!!!

Comment

• Dean C
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

cud u make a guest user for us please :-D
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Mr. X
          • May 2001

l: guest
          p: guest

Comment

• clangrounds.com
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.0.0 Beta 6

I like, I like!

Very nice man, hope someday I can make my forums look 1/2 as good as some of the vb custom experts here!
            -Rebel

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

I'm particularly impressed by the 'fancy a** logo'!
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DirectPixel
                • Jan 2002
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by smachol
                I'm particularly impressed by the 'fancy a** logo'!
                Guest avatar looks pretty spiffy, too.
                :)

Comment

• Mr. X
                  • May 2001

Thanks all. Man Im having a hard time trying to come with a logo. Get this: The avatar that I have was supposed to be the new logo, but after I did a render in 3dsmax, I guess one of my W2K services went fubar and there was lockup, so I lost the scene file.

<--dumb

Comment

• LilleMartin
                    • Jan 2002

Damn you!
                    I've been trying to get a stylized "Folder"-icon like that to look good for some time now.

Looks great...
                    -M
                    http://www.antenora.com/doggbanner.jpg

Comment

• Dymension X

Truely Incredible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...