X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    • Apr 2000

How do I make a graphic like...

Hi,

I want to make a graphic to use as a background like the one on this page...

Where you have the the two colors horizontal (red with a bit of black to give the line effect...).

Anyway, I wouldn't have a clue what software to use to do this (I am guessing photoshop, I have version 4...), I have no artistic skills whatsoever.

Could someone please explain an easy way to do this

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
    Michael Bray
  • Susan
    • May 2000

Okay...what I did was this...I right clicked and saved their background. Then I opened Paint Shop Pro and replaced their colors with the ones I was looking for.

Right click and save it if ya want it.

Comment

• Susan
      • May 2000

Hmmm, I think the ghoulies and ghosties and long legged beasties got to that gif! It's red and black when I click the file, but when I upload it, it's black/white! At any rate, follow the instructions and fix it.

Comment

• Nutrocker
        • Aug 2000

Those my dear friends are Scan Lines, there are many tutorials on how to make this effect in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

Here's one for Photoshop http://the-internet-eye.com/HOWTO/20...es/default.htm

Have fun and it's easy

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

there's actually a photoshop 4.01 action file somewhere which can do those scan lives at a press of a button, but i lost in in a hard drive reformat... can't remember where from but it exists.

i downloaded all these nice auto 1 click action files for Photoshop 4.01 and lost them all
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• WebStyles
            • Apr 2000

It's easy to make that effect in Photoshop or Fireworks, that Internet Eye place made it kind of long and drawn out, it's really much easier than that.

In Photoshop, what I do to create that screen effect is make a seperate graphic that is 2 pixels high, and 1 pixel wide. Then, make the top pixel black, and leave the bottom pixel transparent. Now, select the whole canvas and click Edit > Define Pattern. Then, make a new layer in your original document and hit Edit > Fill, then select pattern from the drop down menu. Set that layer with an transparancy of about 25% (or to taste). Viola!

In Fireworks, it's even easier. Make the same 2x1 graphic, save as a PNG and drop it in your Textures folder. Then you can select it from the Fill pallette.
            We're Here Forums!
            [email protected]

Comment

• photoads
              • Nov 2000

RE TV lines

A great site for all those that are privi to have Photoshop is http://www.actionxchange.com/ here you'll find hundreds of text and photo actions - and inspiration too!

Cheers

Stubbers

Comment

• Michael
                • Apr 2000

Hi,

Thanks everyone! That info helped.

Cheers,
                Michael Bray
                Michael Bray

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...