• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

Review Content Type

I'm sort-of one of the vBulletin developers, but I'm writing this as an individual. You'll see my name on the admincp credits page. I'm mostly retired but still do a little work on the Cloud back end. Internet Brands and vBulletin have nothing to do with what I'm writing here. So whether you like what I say or do on this issue, please leave them out of it.

I have a little spare time and since vBulletin 4 days I've been interesting in adding content types to the product as a third party. I've been working on a review content type. It's a normal post but the author can add a rating, which I currently have set up as 0-10. This would be a product and added through the normal plugin system. Note that there are a few small changes to core code, which will have to work their way through the release cycle. I think I have most of them, but not all, so this will not be a usable for a 2-3 months at the most optimistic.

I am interested in the community's opinion on this. If nobody would use it I won't spend any more time on it. If it would be useful, I would like one or two people willing to look at what I'm doing and suggest improvements.

Thanks for any input.

I think a review type is a waste of time and energy
    0%
    I think a review type would be great and I would use it
    100.00%
    It might be useful, but it wouldn't be a big deal.
    0%
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

I think this is a popular feature request. I could see it having multiple uses.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
      • Mar 2009
      • 5.5.x

I'm going to need one or two people willing to give me a little advice & review, to increase the probability of my getting the requirements right. If somebody is willing to volunteer, please PM me.

[Edit] I have two volunteers. Don't think I can handle any more, but if you have a comment or suggestion feel free to post here.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
        • Mar 2009
        • 5.5.x

I think I have something ready for test. I've sent it to two people who volunteered to work with me. It requires changes to the core code, and at the moment I only have the patch for version 5.4.5. I believe I will be able to get the changes into core in one of the upcoming versions, but I can't make promises for vBulletin. For now it require unzipping, patching the vbulletin source code, copying the new files to the vB code folder, importing the package, and importing the modified style.

If anyone is in a hurry to see this, let me know and I'll tell you where to download it.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

I've sent this to two people and haven't gotten any feedback as to whether this is useful or what changes I should make. There are some changes needed to core vB code, and I'm not sure when those will be implemented. Once that's done and patches aren't needed I'll release this, but for now if anyone wants this just PM me and I'll get it to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...