Any way to show what users are currently browsing the boards?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Culprit
    • Mar 2002

Any way to show what users are currently browsing the boards?

This might be obvious and I may have missed it but is there any way to have this on a vbul board?

It is a pretty standard option for most other message boards but I dont see it for vbull.

Like I said I may just be missing it - and it is right in front of me - I tend to do that at times.

Any help is appreciated guys.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Through the admin control panel, you can enable / disable the "Whois currently online" box (which will then appear or disappear from the frontpage).

When enabled, the title is a link, when you click on it, you can see which user is where on the forum (and admins even see the host address of that user).

Hope this is what you meant?

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

FYI, if the board doesn't have a link to it (http://www.hostinvestigator.com/ doesn't, for example), you can still access it at /forumdir/online.php .
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by filburt1
        FYI, if the board doesn't have a link to it (http://www.hostinvestigator.com/ doesn't, for example), you can still access it at /forumdir/online.php .
        FYI, when you disabled it in the admin control panel, and manually goto online.php, then you should get the message "The administrator has disabled Who's Online.".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...