[vb5] How do I add a banner image at the top of individual forums within the message board?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeoDB
    commented on 's reply
    Brilliant. What sort of template edit would I need to do to not have the banners show up in forum lists, or on the main page? I see it shrinks them on he main page, so it's actually not THAT big of an issue.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There are a couple of ways to do this...

1) View the forum and add either and Advertising or Static HTML module to contain the banner. Set the proper HTML within the module. Save the page and tell it to use a new template. Give that template a name. I suggest something with the forum name. Save the page. Probably easiest to set up but harder to maintain long-term.

2) Use the existing Channel Description module on the page. Enter the HTML into the Channel Description. You can edit the Channel Description in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Manager. You will probably need to make template edits if you do not want these banners in forum lists. A little harder to set up but easier to maintain over time.

Leave a comment:

• [vb5] How do I add a banner image at the top of individual forums within the message board?

In vBulletin 5, how do I add a banner image at the top of individual forums within the message board?

I want it to be like this:
    A place to discuss the new adventures of Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner and John Stewart and the rest of the GLC (#1-50) from 2016 to 2018.