X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerrghann
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.x

[vB4] Category on it's own page

I'd like to somehow make a category on it's own page.

To clarify, instead of the category being listed in the main forum.php page, I'd like to instead create a custom php page (we'll call it custom.php) create a template for it called custom_page, and essentially have a blank vbulletin page that mimics my forum's style. I'd then link to this page on my navbar. On the custom page, I'd somehow put my forum category on it.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there a way to edit the custom_page template to only put the category of my choice in it?

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I'm actually quite sure I'm not making the best of sense.
    A Place to create; a place to innovate~
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

This requires custom code, which we can't provide support for....you could try asking on www.vbulletin.org, the modification and customisation site.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• decafdev
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by kerrghann
      I'd like to somehow make a category on it's own page.

To clarify, instead of the category being listed in the main forum.php page, I'd like to instead create a custom php page (we'll call it custom.php) create a template for it called custom_page, and essentially have a blank vbulletin page that mimics my forum's style. I'd then link to this page on my navbar. On the custom page, I'd somehow put my forum category on it.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there a way to edit the custom_page template to only put the category of my choice in it?

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I'm actually quite sure I'm not making the best of sense.
      It would be pretty simple if you're willing to give up the idea of having the URL as the custom.php.
      Create a Category and change "Forum is Active" to NO.
      The forum URL is still accessible at ../forumdisplay.php?XX (put a redirect in from your cPanel ../custom.php > ../forumdisplay.php?XX)
      Edit the relevant template in 'Forum Home Templates' adding an <vb:if condition="$forum[forumid] == XX">

Comment