How to remove bars between channels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiokarmallc
    • Jun 2008

Could the issue be related to there is now a HOME PAGE as #1 at the top of the Channel manager and before FORUMS was at the top of the Forum manager? This has pushed everything thing down one in the Channel tree.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
      • Jun 2008

Still I do not see any of the blank categories under the channel manager. So, I cannot delete what is not there. Yet, they appear in the forums.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
        • Jun 2008

Also when looking at the channel manager ( see picture) There is no dash next to Home but then there are two dashes next to Forum, like it is two levels down. Could this cause the issue of a blank category under every single channel and category?

Comment

• Replicant
          • Sep 2014

If you right click the bar and inspect element, check the css identifier and see if it is class=category-header. This is the code directly from the display_Forums_list template.
          Code:
          <vb:each from="channels" value="channel">
              <vb:if condition="$channel['category'] == 1">
                  <!-- Categories -->
                  <tr class="category-header">
          If those are all category-headers, then the channel table needs to be fixed. The categories have a value of 1, the forums have a value of zero. This is the only thing I can find that would be causing this issue. If you open the site-builder channel manager, and set all the top levels to category, all the channels beneath the categories to forum. This should correct the channel table and fix the issue.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Replicant
            If you right click the bar and inspect element, check the css identifier and see if it is class=category-header. This is the code directly from the display_Forums_list template.
            Code:
            <vb:each from="channels" value="channel">
            <vb:if condition="$channel['category'] == 1">
            <!-- Categories -->
            <tr class="category-header">
            If those are all category-headers, then the channel table needs to be fixed. The categories have a value of 1, the forums have a value of zero. This is the only thing I can find that would be causing this issue. If you open the site-builder channel manager, and set all the top levels to category, all the channels beneath the categories to forum. This should correct the channel table and fix the issue.
            In the screen capture, Audiokarma Audio Forums is a category with the option of making a forum. Yet, it says zero on it. How do I change that?

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

Right now, those are all individual categories. Drag and drop the forums onto the category you want them to be in, then click save.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Replicant
                Right now, those are all individual categories. Drag and drop the forums onto the category you want them to be in, then click save.
                Thanks for the tip on drag and drop. While I can rearrange, when I tried to save the file it returned an error. This may be due to working in a test database (copy of the real database).

Error: Error Database error in vBulletin 5.1.5: Invalid SQL: DELETE cl3 FROM closure AS cl INNER JOIN closure AS cl2 ON cl2.parent = cl.child AND cl2.depth > 0 INNER JOIN closure AS cl3 ON cl3.child = cl2.child AND cl3.parent = cl.parent WHERE cl.child IN (99) AND cl.depth > 0 /**deleteMovedNodeClosureRecords**/; MySQL Error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction Error Number : 1205 Request Date : Wednesday, March 4th 2015 @ 11:01:30 AM Error Date : Wednesday, March 4th 2015 @ 11:03:33 AM Script : http:///test/ajax/api/widget/saveForums Referrer : http://www.XXXXXXXX IP Address : XX.XX.XXX.XX Username : XXXXXXXX Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version : 5.5.38-35.2

Comment

• Replicant
                  • Sep 2014

Try moving one or two at a time and saving between moves.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
                    • Jun 2008

On the advice from vB support via a support ticket, I upgraded the test database to 5.1.6 Beta2. The upgrade was quick and didn't throw any errors, but the same issue still exists. The layout is filled with the blank categories because the upgrade removed the original layout structure and moved every forum under the very first category. When I try and move a forum under the correct category via the channel manager in the admin console, once I hit save it tries for about 5 minutes and returns an error. If I turn on the site editor and choose channel manager from the top of the screen, I can move the forum via the GUI but once again when I hit save, it says working but never stops. I have to close the browser and go back into the site to see if it actually moved it or not. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't it moves the forums from where it was to the top of the page. There are over 100 forums, so hit and miss is not a viable option.

Comment

• audiokarmallc
                      • Jun 2008

The jump from 3.8.6 to 5.1.5 isn't going to work. I'm deleting the test database and trying incremental upgrades and see how that goes. First will be 3.8.8 and if that goes well, I'll try 4.2.2 or whatever package is available for download.

Comment