• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sherrie
    • May 2006
    • 4.2.X

[vB4] Forum Category Styling on Forum Home

Hello

I have just upgraded to 4.2 and I quite like the look and feel of it over 3.8.

However, I am having trouble working out how to separate and style my various forum categories. Currently, they all look the same but what I would like; is for the category header to have a different colour and for there to be a separation between each section of the forum so that people can find the various sections easier. For example like this

I have been looking through guides and the like and I am just not finding anything that touches this. I would appreciate any help
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What you linked to is the default look and feel of vBulletin. Make sure you're using a default style or convert one of your 3.8 styles to a vBulletin style using the All Style Options dropdown in the Style Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sherrie
      • May 2006
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      What you linked to is the default look and feel of vBulletin. Make sure you're using a default style or convert one of your 3.8 styles to a vBulletin style using the All Style Options dropdown in the Style Manager.
      The default style does not do that at all for me. Each forum category is in the same style as each forum with the only difference being that it does not act as a forum.

So using the first section of your forum vBulletin Announcements as an example.

Imagine all of your other forums and categories listed under that section with the same formatting as if it is just one section.

So you have the heading and styling of the first section vBulletin Announcements, with the forum vBulletin Announcements underneath like normal but then, all the other forums and categories are directly underneath as if part of the same section.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

For your categories, make sure that "Act as Forum" is set to no and that their parent is set to "No One". That is the only thing we did in the software to make categories.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sherrie
          • May 2006
          • 4.2.X

Ok it might be the parent, I'll give that a try, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Wayne, thank you, that worked great. I just had to individually change the parent of all my categories and forums except the sub forums which were fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...