X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalguy639
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.2.X

[vB4] Custom Editor area + buttons

I have been looking for about a week using Firefly in Firefox to try and find the code to change a few things in the editor. I did find THIS post and it was helpful and I implemented it, however I still have a couple of little annoying things that I have to fix.

In the first shot obviously its a dark skin so I cannot for the life of me find the css code to change the outside border, the border in the drop down, and the shading of the drop down menus which you can actually see better on the next screen shot. I have searched using firefly to no avail.

Also my other issue is how do I make the editor buttons a light color instead of black? I've tried uploading new images but for some reason they did not show up as I had edited them to be lighter.
    Attached Files
  • metalguy639
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.2.X

Anyone??? I'm using 4.2 P1.

Comment

• Amaury
      • Mar 2012
      • 4.2.X

Is this a style you created or a style you got from someone else?

If it's the latter, you'll need to visit vBulletin.org Forum or the website of the stylist, as we cannot provide support for this.
      Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Syxguns
        • Aug 2011
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Amaury25
        Is this a style you created or a style you got from someone else?

If it's the latter, you'll need to visit vBulletin.org Forum or the website of the stylist, as we cannot provide support for this.
        That statement is true to an extent. This forum is more for vbulletin issues, and not for modifications and styles, however, if you learn to navigate the stylevar you could make the changes easily. I would tell you exactly what they are but I can't remember the stylevar name. Follow this link and download the PDF files. They are not complete, but very informative and with a little work you will find out how to change background color in drop down lists, as well as fonts, outlines and everything else. Like I said it's not 100% but it gives you a great head start.

Comment

• metalguy639
          • Aug 2009
          • 4.2.X

This is my custom style. As for support on this I have asked this on vb.org and no one has answered. There should be 100% support no matter which official vb site you go to I would think.

For the ring around the editor this is the code that shows in firefly in firefox:

Code:
          <span id="cke_vB_Editor_001_editor" class="cke_skin_kama cke_1 cke_editor_vB_Editor_001_editor" lang="en" aria-labelledby="cke_vB_Editor_001_editor_arialbl" role="application" title=" " dir="ltr">
          <span id="cke_vB_Editor_001_editor_arialbl" class="cke_voice_label">Rich Text Editor</span>
          The css code that needs to be changed that does not seem to exist is:

Code:
          span.cke_skin_kama {
              border: 1px solid #D3D3D3;
              border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
              padding: 5px;
          }
          I cannot find this code in the css HELP!!!!! I have used the built in search feature to no avail.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Syxguns
          That statement is true to an extent. This forum is more for vbulletin issues, and not for modifications and styles, however, if you learn to navigate the stylevar you could make the changes easily. I would tell you exactly what they are but I can't remember the stylevar name. Follow this link and download the PDF files. They are not complete, but very informative and with a little work you will find out how to change background color in drop down lists, as well as fonts, outlines and everything else. Like I said it's not 100% but it gives you a great head start.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...F-Documents%29
          I know how to navigate the stylevars system. I'm not a noob that has no idea what I'm doing. Its NOT in the stylevars system. I've already changed everything to the custom colors so this is yet another "improvement" to the vb style system that completely got lost in the cracks or just plain sucks.

Comment

• Syxguns
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by metalguy639

I know how to navigate the stylevars system. I'm not a noob that has no idea what I'm doing. Its NOT in the stylevars system. I've already changed everything to the custom colors so this is yet another "improvement" to the vb style system that completely got lost in the cracks or just plain sucks.
            That is probably true so I'm sorry if it seemed like I was saying that you did not know what you were doing. However, using the stylevar formrow_border I can change my black outline to red. I thought that might help. I'm not sure which style you are using but you could also try popupmenu_padding, for the width of the lines in the drop down box.

Maybe try searching the additional.css file for the variables you are trying to change in the CSS. I'm not familiar with firefly, I know that as a discontinued TV series that I loved, but I am familiar with firebug. In my additional.css for each of the styles that I have minus the one that I made, there is a ton of information to over ride the default CSS in vB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...