• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Bloomer
    • Jun 2012
    • 4.2.X

[vB4] Struggling with small style problem

Hi all

I am moving my site to Vbulletin, and making sure I get everything 100% before I start fiddling with IMPEX and migrating articles and stuff

I am struggling with a minor (but to me a major) irritation in a style (Smooth Red), for which there is now no support it seems, and I'm not skilled in CSS AT ALL. Apparently this issue does not occur below VB4.2.

If you see the image you will see the search box and advanced search link are not correctly line up in the navbar.

I cannot find for the life of me where this bug is coming from because from what I can see the layout is identical to the default vBulletin style, with just a switch in colours and the main navbar image. Firebug yields nothing obvious to me and I've search the template definitions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	3724076

This thing is driving me nuts, and I'd appreciate some assistance.

The dev website is at http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/vbulletin

EDIT: Oh I forgot the related issue in the navbar. The highlighted selection isn't lined up either
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I would suggest you find a different style- if you are having these issues already and you know it's not supported it's only going to get worse in the future.

I played with a couple things but there isn't any easy fix I can see for the navbar alignment- it looks like maybe you can add some padding-

Add to additional.css template:

Code:
    .navtabs {
      padding:2px !important;
    }
    But that causes other issues as you will see if you try.

Comment

• Simon Bloomer
      • Jun 2012
      • 4.2.X

Thanks Joe. I guess you're right - perhaps not worth struggling with unsupported free styles.

I was thinking of modifying the default style with a different colour variant and using the smoothred icons but I think that's going to be beyond my abilities given my target import and go live time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Simon Bloomer
      Thanks Joe. I guess you're right - perhaps not worth struggling with unsupported free styles.

I was thinking of modifying the default style with a different colour variant and using the smoothred icons but I think that's going to be beyond my abilities given my target import and go live time.
      Actually this is proving easier than I thought...

Ok just lots of stylvar edits and image path changes but we'll get there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...