X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • too_cool_3
    • Sep 2007
    • 4.2.x

[vB4] sidebar_background - help changing block colour

I tried changing the style var sidebar_background when doing so it alters the colour of both the background of my forum titles, my CMS blocks and my member profile blocks. I noticed here on vbulletin.com (I'm usuing Blue and White style) the background of the CMS blocks are blue, the forum titles are blue but the member's profile blocks are white. How do I go about replicating this on my forum? I would like the member's profile blocks background a different colour than then CMS blocks and forum title backgrounds.

Warm Regards,

Marc
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

When I change that stylevar on my default 4.1.10 site, it only changes the background of the outer border of the side blocks (the part where the items are listed stays white), the background of the outer part of the CMS widgets and the the profile blocks and tabs on the members page.

It seems to do the exact same thing here on vb.com - all of those items are a kinda light gray.

If you want to leave the members page alone, you could write some custom css like:
    HTML Code:
    #sidebar_container.member_summary {background-color: white;}
    dd.userprof_moduleinactive {background-color: white;}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• too_cool_3
      • Sep 2007
      • 4.2.x

This is what vB looks like to me, the main page cms block background is blue and the member profile background is a light grey:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	3686748

---------------------------

On my vB site, they both have a carbon fibre look:

Name:	tbmbefore.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	3686747

When I change style var 'sidebar_background' it changes the home page CMS as well as the member profile page:

Name:	tbmafter.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	3686746

I would like the member profile page to look like vbulletin.com and my CMS colours to stay the same.
      How do I got about changing just the member profile side block (circled in red below) to a lighter colour and not affect the rest of the site?

Name:	sidebar_background.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	3686749

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You are not looking at the default style on vbulletin.com. You are looking at a modified style. The default style is called "vB 4.0 Default Style"

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• too_cool_3
          • Sep 2007
          • 4.2.x

Yes, I'm using the Blue and White style. How would I go about modifying the colour of just the member profile side block and not affecting other area's of the site? Changing the sidebar_background style var changes too many areas.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I posted the CSS for that in my first reply - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2265822

Comment

• too_cool_3
              • Sep 2007
              • 4.2.x

I'm not sure where to put that. Could you explain in more detail? I appreciate your advice.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

As I say in my signature, thow it into additional.css if you don't know where else to put it. And if that doesn't work, you will need to post a link to a profile on your site that we may view to see the problem.

Comment

• fatherofspeed
                  • Nov 2010

this was helpful for me...Full "fix" is here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9325

But this....in 4.1.11 was MORE helpful.....and after weeks of searching...i stumbled upon it by accident.

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-04-27 at 11.07.23 PM.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3687139

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...