Footer placement is totally wrong, please help me! It is important or I will remove the whole vBulletin copyrights.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greenpk
    • Nov 2012

Footer placement is totally wrong, please help me! It is important or I will remove the whole vBulletin copyrights.

My problem is what the following image will show.

I tried to revert the forum teamplate in common templates, but it's not helping.

Code:
    <vb:if condition="!empty($ad_location['ad_footer_start']) or !empty($ad_location['global_above_footer'])">
    <div style="clear: {vb:stylevar left}">
      {vb:raw ad_location.ad_footer_start}
      {vb:raw ad_location.global_above_footer}
    </div>
    </vb:if>
    <div id="footer" class="floatcontainer footer">

<form action="{vb:link forumhome|nosession}" method="get" id="footer_select" class="footer_select">
        <ul id="footer_links" class="footer_links">
            <vb:if condition="$show['admincplink']"><li><a href="{vb:raw admincpdir}/index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase admin}</a></li></vb:if>
            <vb:if condition="$show['modcplink']"><li><a href="{vb:raw modcpdir}/index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase mod}</a></li></vb:if>
            <vb:if condition="$vboptions['archiveenabled']"><li><a href="archive/index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase archive}</a></li></vb:if>
            {vb:raw template_hook.footer_links}
            <vb:if condition="$vboptions['privacyurl']"><li><a href="{vb:raw vboptions.privacyurl}">{vb:rawphrase privacy_statement}</a></li></vb:if>
            <vb:if condition="$vboptions['tosurl']"><li><a href="{vb:raw vboptions.tosurl}">{vb:rawphrase terms_of_service}</a></li></vb:if>
        </ul>

<vb:if condition="$show['dst_correction']">
        <!-- auto DST correction code -->
            <form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
                <input type="hidden" name="s" value="{vb:raw session.sessionhash}" />
                <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="{vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" />
                <input type="hidden" name="do" value="dst" />
            </form>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            <!--
                var tzOffset = {vb:raw bbuserinfo.timezoneoffset} + {vb:raw bbuserinfo.dstonoff};
                var utcOffset = new Date().getTimezoneOffset() / 60;
                if (Math.abs(tzOffset + utcOffset) == 1)
                {    // Dst offset is 1 so its changed
                    document.forms.dstform.submit();
                }
            //-->
            </script>
            <!-- / auto DST correction code -->

<script type="text/javascript">
        <!--
            // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization
            vBulletin_init();
        //-->
        </script>
            {vb:raw template_hook.footer_javascript}
    </div>
    </div> <!-- closing div for body_wrapper -->

<div class="below_body">
    <div id="footer_time" class="shade footer_time">{vb:rawphrase all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y}</div>

<div id="footer_copyright" class="shade footer_copyright">
        <!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->
        {vb:rawphrase powered_by_vbulletin}
        <!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->    
    </div>
    <div id="footer_morecopyright" class="shade footer_morecopyright">
        <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
        {vb:raw cronimage}
        <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
        {vb:raw vboptions.copyrighttext}
        {vb:raw template_hook.footer_copyright}
    </div>
    {vb:raw ad_location.ad_footer_end}
    <vb:if condition="$vboptions['enablefacebookconnect']">
        {vb:raw facebook_footer}
    </div>
    Attached Files
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Something is wrong with your custom style and how it lays out the backgrounds. It isn't a template issue. It is a CSS issue. You need to talk to the person who created the custom style.

Please note, removing the vBulletin copyright is against your license agreement and will invalidate your license. This means your site will be turned over to our anti-piracy team.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Greenpk
      • Nov 2012

Well I had this style for a over a week and that error came for one day ago.
      Before the footer links, like admincp and modcp was placed correct, so was the vBulletin copyright. Something must have changed and I am not really sure what. Which type of css element could you believe was changed? Maybe I changed the <ul> tag in css so it won't display as good.

Comment

• Greenpk
        • Nov 2012

.toplinks {
        /*float: right;*/
        {vb:stylevar right}:{vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}*2};
        color:{vb:stylevar toplinks_link_color};
        font: {vb:stylevar header_font};
        text-align:{vb:stylevar right};
        background:{vb:stylevar toplinks_background};
        padding-top: 10px;
        height: 35px;
        background-attachment: scroll;
        background-image: url({vb:stylevar imgdir_misc}/top-links-bg.jpg);
        background-position:top;
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        background-color: #633f24;
        }

I belived I tried to change that to be fixed, may caused an error for the footer. If you could perhaps see anything wrong with the code above, would appriciated if you could tell me.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The AdminCP and ModCP do not use templates at all and aren't relevant to your issue.

If you create a new style with no parent, is the Copyright placed correctly? My guess is yes.

From your limited screenshot, which doesn't really expose the issue, my guess is that your page is longer, or shorter, now and the custom style doesn't grow, or shrink, to fit that. You'll need to adjust the style to work with the longer page.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Greenpk
            • Nov 2012

I believe it was because after I did removed something in the footer, I believe I pressed "Revert" and then I think it reverted back to normal vBulletin style not the one I am using currently.

Comment

• Greenpk
              • Nov 2012

I fixed it and another thing I think may have caused it. I centered the footer-links, but I fixed the template so when I had removed the quickstyle chooser and language chooser, it would be perfectly placed. Thanks for reminding me about creating new style with the same theme.

Comment

• webmastersun
                • Oct 2013
                • 4.2.X

Why don't make a complete custom footer like my webmaster forum did, if you use default vbulletin code, it's very difficult to change and suit to your layouts.
                Best Internet Marketing Forum & Webmaster Forum for webmasters and Internet Marketers discussing and trading!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...