• Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

Loading all texts with Cufon

Hello i want to replace all text with cufon not a single tag in vbulletin 5
    any one can help me ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This is not supported. You should use CSS Embedded Fonts to achieve the same thing.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ara4Sh
      • Jul 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      This is not supported. You should use CSS Embedded Fonts to achieve the same thing.
      with this code i succeed replace forumtitles text with cufon but the rest of them are not loaded because i dont know the CSS var like navbar and ...
      Code:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      Cufon.replace('h1, .forumtitle', {onBeforeReplace:Bifon.convert});
      </script>
      id like to convert all of them with cufon is there any possible option or Tag ?
      if not i should use font-face ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We don't support CUFON replacement due to its use of Javascript. You would have to visit vBulletin.org for help.

If you use CSS Font Embedding, then you can use CSS to replace fonts either globally using the stylevars or on a class by class basis using custom CSS. This is the preferred method because it degrades more gracefully and doesn't introduce potential Javascript conflicts. CUFON was a good work around 5-7 years ago when CSS didn't support Font Embedding.

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...