Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtRider
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.2.X

Would it not be better to change the Powered by vBulletin to something else that reflects your forum?

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DirtRider
      Would it not be better to change the Powered by vBulletin to something else that reflects your forum?
      Leave the Powered by vBulletin, you would be surprised how many people use that as a search criteria.

Comment

• DirtRider
        • Apr 2009
        • 4.2.X

Never thought people may be doing a search on that I must admit

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Andy
          Leave the Powered by vBulletin, you would be surprised how many people use that as a search criteria.
          Why would you want to leave that??..lol
          How many people search for "dirt bikes, powered by vbulletin"

the answer is none.
          Unless your forum is targeting vbulletin searches, it's not a good idea to leave that phrase in place.
          Also if you have doubts, check the search frequency on google.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Inspector G
            • Dec 2012
            • 4.0.x

Do you realize that removing the powered By v bulletin is a violation of Branding and your license can be revoked?
            so I probably would not want to go and tell others to do this...

Also I am Running a VB4 and I see a Header Include try searching in the templates...

Warning:
            Please note that if you are not permitted to remove the vBulletin branding / copyright unless you have purchased the branding-free option. The costs are $170 on a per license basis and is a one time fee.
            Removing the branding without permission will result in having your license being revoked.
            They tell you all about it here...
            If your goal is to remove the vbulletin from your site...

Here I go again...
            I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
            www.freedomofspeech.cc
            ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

It is ok to remove it from the page titles, which I believe is what is being referred to here.
              It's not ok to to remove it from the copyright text in the footer.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• juanporro
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Andy

Only people searching for powered by Vbulletin are hackers looking for vulnerable forums to do SQL injections to.

It has always been a good SEO idea to replace the title page for that of your own.

e.g. Animeforums - A place for cartoon enthusiasts.

Something like that will always rank better than a site that when you do your searches it appears like you did not take the time to properly name it.

Comment

• Inspector G
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 4.0.x

Hey Mark aren't those Templates they are editing? I know you think I am new but Maybe if the answer is YES you should read this...

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $169 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself. Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license. Otherwise, all copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained and visible. Also, please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the vBulletin copyright information.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also looking for the Branding free purchase so I can pay to do this the right way can you at the least point me to where I can buy it please?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure in the first thread I read this...
                  Hmm and your support here you should know this stuff...

vBulletin does this in the template "headinclude". We will modify this template first. Remove the following from the template:
                  Here I go again...
                  I have 15 Live members on my site...So even if you want to bash me stop in and visit please...
                  www.freedomofspeech.cc
                  ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Inspector G
                    Hey Mark aren't those Templates they are editing? I know you think I am new but Maybe if the answer is YES you should read this...

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $169 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself. Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license. Otherwise, all copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained and visible. Also, please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the vBulletin copyright information.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also looking for the Branding free purchase so I can pay to do this the right way can you at the least point me to where I can buy it please?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure in the first thread I read this...
                    Hmm and your support here you should know this stuff...

vBulletin does this in the template "headinclude". We will modify this template first. Remove the following from the template:
                    You can remove the "Powered by vBulletin" from the page titles without a branding free license.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Inspector G

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $169 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself. Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license. Otherwise, all copyright messages (both in the software code and templates) must be retained and visible.
                      Emphasis is on "Copyright Messages"

The "Powered by vBulletin" in the tread title is not a copyright message- Copyright messages are in the footer and in each PHP file.

We appreciate you being diligent about respecting copyright but in page titles it is OK.
                      Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Sun 17 Feb '13, 3:06pm.

Comment

• Inspector G
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 4.0.x

OK

I want all references to V bulletin removed from my site...

Sorry Joe D
                        I am not trying to be disrespectful to you at all and I do appreciate the fact you replied to me...
                        Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks Mark, I interpreted it a bit different to include any templates But as Joe pointed out a bit clearer to me I see the Copyright reference I had missed..
                        Last edited by Inspector G; Sun 17 Feb '13, 11:41am.
                        Here I go again...
                        www.freedomofspeech.cc
                        ... Been around for yrs

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

You can't remove everything, you can remove the branding at the bottom of the page with the branding free. It will not reference the word vBulletin in the content displayed to end users.

You cannot remove the copyright in the php files.

Comment

• ringnews24
                            • Nov 2012
                            • 4.2.x

This guide was made in 2011 - Can you still use this guide?
                            Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
                            www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

Comment

• too_cool_3
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
                              The main idea in the thread above will in fact help your onpage SEO.. (especially the first suggestion as well as the duplicate content fixes)

Some of the "fixes" have already been added in vb4 though.
                              This ^

Comment

• spiritualforum
                                • Jan 2017
                                • 5.2.x

I Have followed your step and it helps me lot.. But on Home page of my Spiritual Forum website, i dont know where i did mistake it shows sign "-" in the Home page title... Rest all page are fine..

Visit and check my home page title is Appending - sign at end.. please help if some one know the exact location where header code resides

thanks
                                Spiritual Forum - An Online Debate & Discussion Community Board site offers links, articles, reviews, books & more on spirituality, supernatural, paranormal, philosophical & religious topics

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...